Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I'm going on about. To be relevant our games have to be competitive and have meaning. If we project ahead with the last two months form and expect that to simply translate into form for next season then you haven't been paying attention to this group of players.

Until things are mathematically impossible, every game has meaning

And to claim our games aren't competitive anymore is nothing more than ridiculous

Dave, we are unbeaten since losing the derby. We've seen off a number of different challenges - City, relegation sides, horrible teams that we usually lose against and we are genuinely playing well.

Last week we were beaten by a team that has taken four years to build and is still undergoing a positive change in mentality.

Christ man, be happy. We're going well here and for everyone else, it's genuinely hard to poke holes in to.

*almost unbeaten

You know what I'm going on about. To be relevant our games have to be competitive and have meaning. If we project ahead with the last two months form and expect that to simply translate into form for next season then you haven't been paying attention to this group of players.

We have a shout at CL qualification, that not competitive enough?? Whether it's ludicrous or not, mathematically we are still in the hunt

Dave, we are unbeaten at home since losing the derby. We've seen off a number of different challenges - City, relegation sides, horrible teams that we usually lose against and we are genuinely playing well.

Last week we were beaten by a team that has taken four years to build and is still undergoing a positive change in mentality.

Christ man, be happy. We're going well here and for everyone else, it's genuinely hard to poke holes in to.
I'm not poking holes into anything mate.

I've already stated Koeman is doing a decent job now (after a fashion). I'm saying that just as the defeat at Spurs was nothing so is today's result.

These games mean nothing. They are not pressurised and we have to wait until next season to see if progress is being made.

I can't be fairer than that really. It's not great. Hes not a manager who has blown the league apart. He's not a manager who has done a bad job. It's just ticking over until next season and the real test comes.

Until things are mathematically impossible, every game has meaning

And to claim our games aren't competitive anymore is nothing more than ridiculous
Competitive games are when we have a chance of the CL spots or a trophy. We have none of that. How is our season still competitive?

I'm not poking holes into anything mate.

I've already stated Koeman is doing a decent job now (after a fashion). I'm saying that just as the defeat at Spurs was nothing so is today's result.

These games mean nothing. They are not pressurised and we have to wait until next season to see if progress is being made.

I can't be fairer than that really. It's not great. Hes not a manager who has blown the league apart. He's not a manager who has done a bad job. It's just ticking over until next season and the real test comes.

What? Progress has been made from the past two seasons of and ON the field and if anybody can't see that they need to give up watching football.

This group of players will be worth assessing again when it gets real again. There's no thing much to be learned from the remainder of a season when the pressure has already gone. We saw that under Moyes often enough: big finale to the end of a season when it was all a bit after the Lord Mayors parade.

Next August we'll see what they're made of. And we'll see what this manager us made of too.

right now we are sat two behind United and 3 behind Arsenal - 5 behind the rs.

There game in hand are as follows
Arsenal, away at Saints and home to Leicester
United away at City, away at Saints
rs - home to Burnley

can see United losing one or both of those, and same with Arsenal mate, rs 'should' bum Burnley mind

similarly the next time United play is the day after us, at which point they could find themselves in 7th before kick off (and we should batter Hull at Goodison) that weekend United away at Boro, rs away at City and Arsenal away at West Brom - all much more difficult fixtures to ours.

Youve said the season is over Dave, in reality due to the way the fixtures have panned out and such, we will go into the derby with possibly a lot to play for - and depending on other reuslts the same with the following game against United, so really season isn't over by a long shot, and those pressure games you want to see are coming quite soon (not at all confident of them mind you)

What? Progress has been made from the past two seasons of and ON the field and if anybody can't see that they need to give up watching football.
It's progress from less than mediocrity in the last two seasons to mediocrity.

It isn't what we require and has to be seen as a platform to our first acceptable season for three years.

In short, to progress we need to be in the hunt for a CL place and finish no less than 5th if we do fall short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back