Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it not at all possible that due to McCarthy/Besic injuries, before he could sign Schneiderlin he had to use formations to fit available personnel but now they're fit & he's signed he can finally use a "preferred" formation with 3 centre mids in?

Either way let's compare used numbers for the last two seasons:

2015/16

Barry
McCarthy
Besic
Gibson
Cleverley
Davies

2016/17

Barry
McCarthy
Besic
Gueye
Schneiderlin
Davies

Did you moan about having too many central midfielders last season? I suspect not. We've simply kept the numbers the same but vastly improved the quality.
We also have the possibility of European football on the horizon, so we have just enough midfielders to cover all eventualities.Well in Ron

Aren't you one bit encouraged by the progress we have made thus far under Koeman?

I'm genuinely enjoying watching Everton play again and have a real optimism for the future.

He has his faults, as does every manager, but he does look like he can adapt when he makes mistakes.

I'm looking forward to the Derby/Man Utd away games to see how he approaches them after he got it so wrong against Spurs.
I'm not sure he got it wrong against spurs allthough the result would suggest otherwise. I think that the problem was that Barry was just not up to the job he was asked to do and the game passed him bye

We are currently operating in a season of the 'big 6'.

The big 6 is obviously a misconstrued marketing ploy by SKY but it is there nonetheless.

Had we the side that is currently operating now rather than the one pre Christmas I am sure we would be comfortably higher than we are, still with the need to improve against our peers who are above us in head to head encounters.

FWIW to break the top 6 now, with the promise of reinforcements, hopefully new contracts signed by Rom and Ross and a dock stadium announced, things are very much on an upward trajectory.

Being top 6 would also make attracting the best in the summer a far easier proposition.

You said it mate. It's a bit of Sky BS and a low bar to get over.

I know mate. It's dead easy to get. We'll surpass that easy this "great" season...oh no, that's right, we won't will we...

I was agreeing with you David, no real difference between 5th-7th, as long as we get Europa.

Massive improvement on 11th tho, worth around 40m to us in prize money alone, not to mention the knock on effect with regards sponsors.

May as well forfeit the rest of our seasons games then hadn't we?

sigh
No, you don't have to do that. You just have to acknowledge that the element of competition is gone and it's about using them to become familiar with their new team mates and the way the manager wants to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back