Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really enjoyed this, the reason I'm posting it here is because the Koeman interview is fascinating and well worth a listen.

He is clearly a massive fan of James McCarthy.

At the end of the day we can only base how Koeman is doing based on last season and this. Which we can all agree is chalk and cheese. We are playing decent togger, the signings are starting to reflect in where we want to be heading and the majority of the fan base can see the positives. Yes we have had a couple of bad results ie Spurs and Liverpool but we are now getting to grips with the lesser teams in the league (last season too many points dropped against these) Players seem to be relishing the challenge and realise what is expected of them.

Koemans next task is too get the inferiority complex when facing certain sides out of the way and if we can continue to improve at the rate we have, then i am genuinely excited to see what we can achieve next season.

Onwards and upwards Blues!

right now we are sat two behind United and 3 behind Arsenal - 5 behind the rs.

There game in hand are as follows
Arsenal, away at Saints and home to Leicester
United away at City, away at Saints
rs - home to Burnley

can see United losing one or both of those, and same with Arsenal mate, rs 'should' bum Burnley mind

similarly the next time United play is the day after us, at which point they could find themselves in 7th before kick off (and we should batter Hull at Goodison) that weekend United away at Boro, rs away at City and Arsenal away at West Brom - all much more difficult fixtures to ours.

Youve said the season is over Dave, in reality due to the way the fixtures have panned out and such, we will go into the derby with possibly a lot to play for - and depending on other reuslts the same with the following game against United, so really season isn't over by a long shot, and those pressure games you want to see are coming quite soon (not at all confident of them mind you)
We might swap places between 7th and 6th at some point in the run in, but so what? It means nothing. Some want the EL poison chalice - and its secure now, pretty much. What would be the achievement getting 6th?

What? Progress has been made from the past two seasons of and ON the field and if anybody can't see that they need to give up watching football.
6th best attacking team and the equal 4th best defence. Stats don't always tell the truth but to me that shows progress. In addition to this I'm sure we're on course for our highest ever goal difference to reflect this, currently +17 (Martinez achieved +22 in his first season). As you say progress from last season.

We might swap places between 7th and 6th at some point in the run in, but so what? It means nothing. Some want the EL poison chalice - and its secure now, pretty much. What would be the achievement getting 6th?

depends on some ther thigns mate, but could mean a huge difference in when we have to start playing Uefa games - and if we go straigth to a group stage or end up playing a host of qualifiers in late july/august

Breaking into the top 6, from 11th and compare it to the squads assembled by the teams above us would be a achievement not in the sense of winning something that we all crave, but in the progress made. Also the additional £1m + in additional prize money.

6th best attacking team and the equal 4th best defence. Stats don't always tell the truth but to me that shows progress. In addition to this I'm sure we're on course for our highest ever goal difference to reflect this, currently +17 (Martinez achieved +22 in his first season). As you say progress from last season.
This definitely shows progression, no one can argue with that!

We are currently operating in a season of the 'big 6'.

The big 6 is obviously a misconstrued marketing ploy by SKY but it is there nonetheless.

Had we the side that is currently operating now rather than the one pre Christmas I am sure we would be comfortably higher than we are, still with the need to improve against our peers who are above us in head to head encounters.

FWIW to break the top 6 now, with the promise of reinforcements, hopefully new contracts signed by Rom and Ross and a dock stadium announced, things are very much on an upward trajectory.

Being top 6 would also make attracting the best in the summer a far easier proposition.

Lads, let's all just club together and buy Dave a Martinez fleshlight and hopefully it'll keep him out of this thread forever.

Koeman is the best developer of players we've had in decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back