Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone be kind enough to direct me to one of @hktoffee posts which doesnt include;

A- @davek
B-- Martinez
C-- Gibberish

I thought this was the Koeman thread?

As for Koeman, he's proving me wrong...only time will tell if he can continue this upward trend. Same pattern at Southampton, mid table till Jan then massive improvements...hopefully he can improve and deliver over a full season but for now the knives are sheathed.

We are on the up. Of course we are.

But we're 7th. Our competitive season ended when Leicester knocked us out of the cup two months ago. We are desperate for a handful of new players next season in a number of positions to really make significant progress to a position that matters in this league. But let's forget all about that and go OTT about achieving nothing instead.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated.

While I agree that we do need some additions to the squad, I will kindly disagree that our season is over. We are in a great run of form and securing an EL place will be a stark improvement over the last 2 seasons of severe disappointment.

Furthermore, we are still within a mathematical chance of securing a CL spot, while you may scoff at this idea, I will continue to hold this as our target until it becomes impossible.

Kind regards

Chris

As for Koeman, he's proving me wrong...only time will tell if he can continue this upward trend. Same pattern at Southampton, mid table till Jan then massive improvements...hopefully he can improve and deliver over a full season but for now the knives are sheathed.

With the money about at Everton next season, plus the extended stay of Lukaku and the massive improvement since Christmas of Barkley, added to the exciting young talents of Davies and Lookman, I am pretty much convinced he will continue to take us in the right direction.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated.

While I agree that we do need some additions to the squad, I will kindly disagree that our season is over. We are in a great run of form and securing an EL place will be a stark improvement over the last 2 seasons of severe disappointment.

Furthermore, we are still within a mathematical chance of securing a CL spot, while you may scoff at this idea, I will continue to hold this as our target until it becomes impossible.

Kind regards

Chris
You're very welcome.

And no, I dont scoff at the idea of a CL place. It means that we must do what I'VE BEEN ARGUING WE MUST DO FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS: GET OURSELVES INTO THE 70-75 POINT BRACKET AGAIN. because if we dont we'll ALWAYS KEEP GETTING PATTED ON THE HEAD AS THE BEST OF THE REST TEAM.

You're very welcome.

And no, I dont scoff at the idea of a CL place. It means that we must do what I'VE BEEN ARGUING WE MUST DO FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS: GET OURSELVES INTO THE 70-75 POINT BRACKET AGAIN. because if we dont we'll ALWAYS KEEP GETTING PATTED ON THE HEAD AS THE BEST OF THE REST TEAM.
30 points to play for mate!!!! COYB !!!!

You're very welcome.

Alright Dave, no need to shout.

Alright Dave, no need to shout.
Well, I'm emphasising the very point that I get stick for on this forum: the 72 point mark reached. But I think anyone fair can now see that it;s not a moot point, it's central to our ambitions. We want CL football in any season either now or in the future? Then put a 70+ point marker down on the table and take your chances. Turn up with less than that and be prepared to be blown away by the elite.

Yes. And here's a thought for you: if we were to emulate our 2013/14 season we'd have to win 8 and draw 1 out of our last 10 games.

That's how much of a tall order it was, and remains.
Fair enough mate buts it not mathematically impossible is it . It really depends on what koeman and the other players want now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back