Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autumn and a good portion of the winter. My position on the upturn that has got us into a reasonably good position is that we've played since then with freedom...the freedom that comes with no real pressure.

This lot are great at coming out from behind the couch after the fight has been settled. We know this through experience. For that reason I don't think we can draw any conclusions about bringing over this firm into next season.

You honestly think the players aren't performing under pressure?

So Joel is fighting for the jersey and to retain number one position isn't pressure?
Schneiderlin wanting to impress new team..is that not pressure?
What about Rom? He has a battle to get top scorer in the league. No pressure? You think he won't put pressure on himself to do that?
And Ross? What about him wanting to earn his way back into the England squad ? No pressure again? Really??
How about Jags? Captain trying to force his way back in ?
And the young lads? They under no pressure to perform and cement a first team place in the long term ?

Your talking rubbish as per.

Eh? This season? Who said anything about this season. It's only mathematically possible we can do it this season...about as like.y as WBA getting 4th.

Please try and read the posts.

Oh ok, so you comparing our brilliant run of form with of West Brom, even though we are the form team in 2017.

Keep up the positivity David :coffee:

You honestly think the players aren't performing under pressure?

So Joel is fighting for the jersey and to retain number one position isn't pressure?
Schneiderlin wanting to impress new team..is that not pressure?
What about Rom? He has a battle to get top scorer in the league. No pressure? You think he won't put pressure on himself to do that?
And Ross? What about him wanting to earn his way back into the England squad ? No pressure again? Really??
How about Jags? Captain trying to force his way back in ?
And the young lads? They under no pressure to perform and cement a first team place in the long term ?

Your talking rubbish as per.
I think it is obvious to see RK is ruthless. Look at the amount of players he has shipped out already. There will be a number of signings come the summer. Many of the present team are playing for their futures at the club. If that isn't pressure, I don't know what is.

When you consider at this time in the previous seasons we have been casting nervous glances over our shoulders at the relegation zone, the improvement is vast. As a team we have been transformed from a confused , disorganised rabble when not in possession, to a strong purposeful unit. In attack we spend less time obsessively retaining the ball and are trying to hit the box sooner. Barkleys drift to mediocrity has been halted, and he is rapidly becoming the fulcrum of our team. Young players have been introduced and established in the squad. Poor players assessed and moved out. We are fitter. We have a manager who talks to the fans as if they're adults who understand football. All this and we are still only at the beginning of the rebuild . What's not to like?

When you consider at this time in the previous seasons we have been casting nervous glances over our shoulders at the relegation zone, the improvement is vast. As a team we have been transformed from a confused , disorganised rabble when not in possession, to a strong purposeful unit. In attack we spend less time obsessively retaining the ball and are trying to hit the box sooner. Barkleys drift to mediocrity has been halted, and he is rapidly becoming the fulcrum of our team. Young players have been introduced and established in the squad. Poor players assessed and moved out. We are fitter. We have a manager who talks to the fans as if they're adults who understand football. All this and we are still only at the beginning of the rebuild . What's not to like?

I will disagree with the first part...I never was at all nervous that we were going down.

The rest is hard to disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back