Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we wouldnt, cos to us they are wingers, but to Ronny they are the tip of his 3 man spear, we play a 4-3-3 variation, would you call Neymar a winger? Messi? Ronaldo?

Contradicts what he said in the same press conference: when talking about Valencia he said he can be a striker or play in behind and therefore gives different options.

Loos e language he'll need to cut out.

Literally two weeks ago he referred to Bolasie and Del as strikers Dave.

As Goat said it's how he wants to play (and Koeman himself in the Stoke presser said 4-3-3 was his preferred system). Three up top - seven players to pick from for those positions.
Then he's wrong to call them that. Strikers score goals in this country. Bolasie: 12 goals in four seasons utterly forbids the use of the word 'striker' in relation to him.

......I'd describe him as uncomplicated. Interesting he spoke of 'three forwards', I think this is a real insight into his interpretation of what we've been calling 'inverted wingers' on here.
Tbf, and as I said above, I think that usage of the term 'striker' was political: he must know he looks a right divvy after that window when he knows that we all knew he wanted forwards in and all he got given was a West Ham substitute.

Seven strikers is a ridiculous thing to say.

“The player ******* chose finally for a different option, but I can’t say anything against the club, the board, the chairman because they did everything to get the player. I did not do the meeting with his agents, but from the outside it was difficult.

Just taking the actual player's name out of that quote there ^^^ and that could have come from any Everton manager of the last 20 years.

Hard luck stories and arse covering exercises.

Then he's wrong to call them that. Strikers score goals in this country. Bolasie: 12 goals in four seasons utterly forbids the use of the word 'striker' in relation to him.

While I don't see them as 'strikers' myself (like you that to me is a No.9) they are definitely 'forwards' in the general sense. It doesn't mean anything deeper though...

Tbf, and as I said above, I think that usage of the term 'striker' was political: he must know he looks a right divvy after that window when he knows that we all knew he wanted forwards in and all he got given was a West Ham substitute.

Seven strikers is a ridiculous thing to say.

No it isn't political

As I said, earlier in the summer he has called both Del and Bolasie as 'strikers'... Forwards, wingers, either way, his actual quote was...

While I don't see them as 'strikers' myself (like you that to me is a No.9) they are definitely 'forwards' in the general sense. It doesn't mean anything deeper though...
I wouldn't even call them forwards. Striker and forward are interchangeable terms for me. Bolasi, Mirallas, Lennon, Deulofeu etc are wingers or wide men.

A said, it's not semantics, it's a calculated use of the word. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back