Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed that Koeman seems to have changed tune rather quickly from "we want three more" to "I am very happy with the squad". He was either chatting wham when he said the first quote, or is chatting wham with his most recent one. Seems it's too much to ask for a manager to demand more from his board.

Other clubs' managers do it, but little old Everton, our managers just seems happy to pick up a big wage knowing there is no real pressure on them and thus they don't really need to pressure the board into making big influential signings. If I'd have been told that, in the first transfer window under billionaire Moshiri Bolasie would be our 'big' signing, I'd have been absolutely gutted.

I am happy with Steklenberg, but what sort of message (before we knew he wasn't actually that bad at all) did it send out seeing us sign a keeper from a bottom half club in the league below us?

I am delighted with Gueye, but again the wrong message sent out.

Valencia? Horrified by this signing.

Williams, very pleased with that, but again we've essentially swapped him and Bolasie for Stones.

Bolasie? Baffled and still refusing to believe we shelled out as much on him as we did for Lukaku.

The fact the club hasn't actually spent a penny of its own money is woeful, imo, and I feel Koeman cannot genuinely be happy with that. If Lukaku gets a bad injury now, or shortly after the transfer window in January (and we still haven't brought in an adequate replacement) then our season is essentially over. What other club could you say that about, i.e. that if one player gets injured their whole campaign would be in jeopardy?

The fact the club hasn't actually spent a penny of its own money is woeful, imo, and I feel Koeman cannot genuinely be happy with that. If Lukaku gets a bad injury now, or shortly after the transfer window in January (and we still haven't brought in an adequate replacement) then our season is essentially over. What other club could you say that about, i.e. that if one player gets injured their whole campaign would be in jeopardy?
We'll just use one of our 6 other strikers.

In that case I'm going on Wikipedia now to update the playing position of Brett Angel and Stuart Barlow amongst others.... :D
Good-luck1.webp

Really disappointed he wasn't honest in that press conference, but then again he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he was honest about that shambles of a window, he'd have risked demoralising the squad.

It is what it is at this point.

Disappointed that Koeman seems to have changed tune rather quickly from "we want three more" to "I am very happy with the squad". He was either chatting wham when he said the first quote, or is chatting wham with his most recent one. Seems it's too much to ask for a manager to demand more from his board.

Other clubs' managers do it, but little old Everton, our managers just seems happy to pick up a big wage knowing there is no real pressure on them and thus they don't really need to pressure the board into making big influential signings. If I'd have been told that, in the first transfer window under billionaire Moshiri Bolasie would be our 'big' signing, I'd have been absolutely gutted.

I am happy with Steklenberg, but what sort of message (before we knew he wasn't actually that bad at all) did it send out seeing us sign a keeper from a bottom half club in the league below us?

I am delighted with Gueye, but again the wrong message sent out.

Valencia? Horrified by this signing.

Williams, very pleased with that, but again we've essentially swapped him and Bolasie for Stones.

Bolasie? Baffled and still refusing to believe we shelled out as much on him as we did for Lukaku.

He obviously lied in that presser to protect his squad. At least he doesn't do it constantly like El Fraudo did.

He couldn't do anything but lie in this situation. It was either lie and keep your fingers crossed Moshiri actually does something in January and beyond, or be truthful and resign.

Koeman happy with that window. Lol.

A Kool Aid partaker then apparently. So much for the plain speaking. It was trash and he should have called it so.

Btw, we have 7 strikers at the club? I must admit most of them remain unknown to me.
I would rather he expressed his disappointment behind closed doors rather than give the media something else to beat us with. The board will be very clear on his views and that is what is important.

Regarding the striker comment, for my money, he mentioned Deulofeu playing there this season and he did so in a few pre season games, Mirallas played up top in Greece with success, Lukaku is obvious in terms of being a striker as is Niasse and Kone, Valencia has also played there for Equador and West Ham. So that's 6, I'm not sure that Bolasie has played there, although Matt Jones who does a bit on ToffeeTV and The Blue Room said he played there for Palace over last couple of years notably away at Anfield where Palace won.

So that sits fine with me. Better than being told is is phenomenal I suppose

Really disappointed he wasn't honest in that press conference, but then again he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he was honest about that shambles of a window, he'd have risked demoralising the squad.

It is what it is at this point.

He could well be hiding what he really thought to protect the players that we already have (in which case good management) or he could be telling the truth that he is happy with squad of players he's got. I agree the team is stronger than it was before the window opened. We will only know the truth in years to come when his autobiography hits the shops.

I think his general demeanour was quite positive, usually under duress you might get an irritable person in front of the media but seemed happy enough to me. I would have told the first one to do one talking about Sissoko so much, so obviously didn't bother Ron too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back