Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol people wanted him to come out fuming because they expected him to be gutted and wanting to leave, and because he hasn't he is now obviously lying?,

Nobody expected him to do that. Or at least I should think not.

But obviously he's lying. He's either lying now, or he was lying before the window closes about the numbers he wanted in. Either way, he's lying, but for good reason.

He could well be hiding what he really thought to protect the players that we already have (in which case good management) or he could be telling the truth that he is happy with squad of players he's got. I agree the team is stronger than it was before the window opened. We will only know the truth in years to come when his autobiography hits the shops.

I think his general demeanour was quite positive, usually under duress you might get an irritable person in front of the media but seemed happy enough to me. I would have told the first one to do one talking about Sissoko so much, so obviously didn't bother Ron too much.

No he can't, because that directly contradicts what he said before the window closed.

Nobody expected him to do that. Or at least I should think not.

But obviously he's lying. He's either lying now, or he was lying before the window closes about the numbers he wanted in. Either way, he's lying, but for good reason.

this is an exact quote:

"With the player (Sissoko) the picture would have been perfect. But even without the player, that picture is still very good."

That's after saying the business we did was good but he was disappointed not to get Sissoko in.

No he can't, because that directly contradicts what he said before the window closed.

he said he wanted 2-3 before the Stoke game. We ended up with 1 and quite clearly being close to that second (Sissoko).

My guess is the third would have been a keeper - he said he wanted three 'good' goalkeepers - and one of those would be a youngster - but that Stek deserved to be No.1 based on form.

It seems to me Robles leaving is likely in Jan (should indeed we go for another keeper).

this is an exact quote:

"With the player (Sissoko) the picture would have been perfect. But even without the player, that picture is still very good."

That's after saying the business we did was good but he was disappointed not to get Sissoko in.

Which is a lie, as he specifically stated the numbers he wanted in.

He can't come out and say "it was horrible, all my plans are in tatters" can he? So he's obviously lied to keep things internal.

People can twist things how they want, but you can say one minute that he is staraight talking and then the next accuse him of lying, state of people trying to make it fit their agenda

No agenda, it's once again going on the facts in front of me - he wanted a certain number in, he didn't get them, and he's trying to sugarcoat it as there's nothing to be gained from being honest on this in public.

Any manager in world football would have lied in that presser, it means nothing. The fact is it was not the window he wanted or expected.

On lessons to be learned:

'It was for everybody more difficult than ever because of the fees, the money, the salaries and the agents - it's all about money and sometimes it is difficult. I think overall if you see what happened on the last day, clubs trying for big transfers, you can ask why now and not three weeks ago, but it is not how it was before because of the money.'

'It's always difficult without Europe. It's all about this season and getting Europe and then it is easier to get these players'

If you want to believe he's happy with that window, do so, but you're doing so in the fact of every bit of evidence to the contrary.

He's at least three players short of where he thought he'd be.

Well I'm going off the evidence that he will be happy with the players we brought in. He's said he's disappointed not to get a few more. It doesn't make the business we did bad.

And things/priorities change. Pretty sure Holgate coming through will have lessened the need to pay £20mil for another CB. The form of Stek has meant that we've got breathing space for a keeper.

The only signing that really is up in the air seems to be Valencia. But he's certainly better than what we have.

Oh - and on Valencia, Koeman said: 'We were interested early on and that he was always an option. He can play no.9 or behind the striker or even wide and he wanted to come here and he gives us options.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back