Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But are you not stuck in one position also? You have indicated he should resign over one transfer window, to me that is too far on the opposite view. Most on here would agree it was far from ideal, but overall the team is better and we have at least got some results on the board. A bit meh, but certainly nothing to go full BACK yet.

No.

Me on Moshiri in March:

Don't care what he looked like - I'm sick of theatrical idiots like Kenwright.

What he said was spot on. Buying into a club rather than taking it over.

He doesn't seem like a rampant egotist like Abramovich etc. which is exactly what I hoped for.

There's no way Moshiri sanctions a star player leaving this summer, unless public opinion on Stones has shifted considerably to allow it.

Would simply send the wrong message, and there's no need to in terms of player contracts to cash in on anyone.

I'm expecting a net spend of around £50m+.

On Koeman:

Not thrilled with Koeman, although a solid enough appointment. But the best thing by far about this appointment is the piping down of the mass delusion on the south coast.

To this:

Koeman won me over big time with his tactical switch at WBA.

You know what I did though? I looked at what info is available to me and shifted my position gradually, so I'm now a lot more negative on Moshiri, a lot more positive on Koeman based on evidence.

The amount of people on here that do the same you can count on one hand, and even fewer ever admit they were wrong.

And it's incredibly boring, as there's no point talking about things with people on here any more, because they're all coming from a position of inherent bias towards any given subject, and have no capability to make evidence based decisions on anything.

Just crap.

I just enjoy watching the world burn.
I'll give you a bit of credit mate, that you speak from both sides of the extreme and sometimes down the middle, that makes it either very easy or very hard to vault you.

Last season there was a lot of debate about what Martinez should or shouldn't say in public. That was met with a somewhat different response to today presser.

Agendas all over the gaff, the RAWK lurkers will be loving it.

Tbf, and as I said above, I think that usage of the term 'striker' was political: he must know he looks a right divvy after that window when he knows that we all knew he wanted forwards in and all he got given was a West Ham substitute.

Seven strikers is a ridiculous thing to say.

....perhaps you're right but I disagree, I suspect he genuinely thinks of them as forwards. He might've had to go down his list but I think the players he was linked with are similar types. As kids when the ball was behind forwards were coached to go wide, RK appears to want a narrower shape.

wonder if our league position come january will help with getting targets?(challenging for europe hopefully)

....I think the way we've performed will inform analysis of the gaps that need plugging. RK had to assess the current crop, coach them in his new methodology and had very few games to assess whilst in the middle of a window. I think it's a really important consideration that the timing of this window was far from ideal, not to mention a new DoF also coming in.

I'll give you a bit of credit mate, that you speak from both sides of the extreme and sometimes down the middle, that makes it either very easy or very hard to vault you.

Last season there was a lot of debate about what Martinez should or shouldn't say in public. That was met with a somewhat different response to today presser.

Agendas all over the gaff, the RAWK lurkers will be loving it.

The game stay the game Ian, you gotta play or be played.

True, and by his own admission Royle was on below market rate salary as well.

The one common denominator of our last 3 managers is the kings ransom they were/are being paid.

Let's hope with RK it's a case of...

my-silence-is-not-weakness-but-the-beginning-of-my-revenge-quote-1.jpg

...rather than.....

09beeb56294e7711a9fc035dcefc3427.jpg

I'm not twisting anything, but whatever.

At this point I'm just bored at people not giving an inch on any pre-set position on this forum. Usual suspects all the time. Really, really boring.

You turned my post that merely said the players we did bring in were good - even though we should have signed more - into claiming 'best window ever'.

Koeman has admitted he was disappointed not to get Sissoko done - but overall he was happy. What's wrong with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back