Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I think he's very effective and not a luxury player at all, his assists record early last season was up there with the best in the league. I wonder, though, if he might suit RKs team model.
I can't dispute his assists, I just sense that Koeman prefers players who are a bit stronger on and off the ball. We shall see, I hope the lad makes it in this league, but I have some doubts.

I still think he/the club dropped a bollock by not bringing in a top class GK. Steklenburg is too much of a risk as no1 based off 2-3 good games for us. All it takes is a drop in form or him feeling comfortable now the windows shut and we'll be in trouble as he isn't a top class keeper.

Criminal how we didn't address such a vital area of the squad.

His overall record was superb in the market, adding millions onto the squad value.

End of.

If you want to continue the debate, the Martinez thread is the appropriate one.

Nothing Moyes didn't do. In fact Fellaini gave Martinez his Lukaku fund and Stones has given us 47 mill. Glad to see you recognising managers who are good in the transfer window. Let's not mention Niasse.

Did people actually expect him to come out saying that he was "let down by his superiors and that he's mega angry that he couldn't sign the players he wanted" in the public domain?

If he did his next words would have to be "I am now resigning as Everton manager"

If he has an issue he'll already have raised it in private, you don't mouth off about that stuff in public.

I still think he/the club dropped a bollock by not bringing in a top class GK. Steklenburg is too much of a risk as no1 based off 2-3 good games for us. All it takes is a drop in form or him feeling comfortable now the windows shut and we'll be in trouble as he isn't a top class keeper.

You may be right, but Koeman knows The Stek and trusts him. Last season reminded us all that average player can rise his level considerably when in right environment.

Did people actually expect him to come out saying that he was "let down by his superiors and that he's mega angry that he couldn't sign the players he wanted" in the public domain?

If he did his next words would have to be "I am now resigning as Everton manager"

If he has an issue he'll already have raised it in private, you don't mouth off about that stuff in public.

...I thought it was a positive sign when he said the Board had backed him on every transfer. Had this not been the case he could've simply said nothing.

....perhaps the keeper he most wanted wasn't available and he was happier with what he had than what he could get in this particular window.

...I thought it was a positive sign when he said the Board had backed him on every transfer. Had this not been the case he could've simply said nothing.

You need to have a manager and EFC board that work together.

No doubt he's frustrated. Moshiri will be frustrated too.

However, what is done is done. The key thing is to get as high as possible by December so that when January arrives we're well positioned to strengthen.

Excuses for not performing due to signings should not be put forward. Unless we are massively hit by injuries.

Professionalism is the name of the game.

....perhaps the keeper he most wanted wasn't available and he was happier with what he had than what he could get in this particular window.
Great point perhaps I'm dreaming but maybe if Leverkusen are out of the champions league by Christmas they might cash in on Leno. A dream perhaps but still we hope

Robles isn't an invalid, we do have back up of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back