Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
....perhaps you're right but I disagree, I suspect he genuinely thinks of them as forwards. He might've had to go down his list but I think the players he was linked with are similar types. As kids when the ball was behind forwards were coached to go wide, RK appears to want a narrower shape.
I fear for Deulofeu.

I think this kid's career will be badly affected under Koeman, and it'll be one of the most controversial issues of his first season here.

Obviously, it was a very diplomatic display - did anyone expect anything else? Koeman is a class act in front of the cameras, with careful answers that never overstate.

While the squad is a little stronger than last term, especially within the defence, our main weakness last season (Stones already had his foot out the door all season, so not the loss people feared), you would have to be blind to not see how troubled he is with his "striker"/attack options. Watch the video again, read the body language, and you will clearly see what I mean. There can be no question he is NOT happy with the outcome of the window. I am sure he has made his opinions known to the board, after all, he is the one who has to shape the team for the season and work with what he has got. He is the one who will stand or fall before the press.

Nobody here can say we have good back-up/competition for Rom (Kone and Valencia will not scare him) and if we amateur football managers can see that, then more so will Koeman. We do not have 6 strikers, we really only have one (and that one striker has been out of sorts for too many games). Remember, a striker is the player who puts the ball in the net. He does not assist, he does not play on the wing, he does not create in midfield. He kicks, shins, heads, backsides and barges the ball over the goal line, runs to the corner flag and takes the applause. That is his job.

Everyone else is just a potential goal scorer, good grief, even Barry has scored this season (more goals for us than Rom)! I think the point is, Koeman, in his way, was trying to deflect the fact we have only one striker, by naming a few other potential scorers as strikers. Sounds a lot better than saying we have only one, and he is currently firing blanks.

Despite all this, I feel we are in good hands. More pluses than minuses so far. I liked his overall handling of what could have been a very tense, and quite frankly, embarrassing presser, following that broken window of hope.

Everyone just needs to get over the disappointment of the window now and get behind the team. We are unbeaten and doing a lot better than the pre-season negwave merchants had predicted.

You turned my post that merely said the players we did bring in were good - even though we should have signed more - into claiming 'best window ever'.

Koeman has admitted he was disappointed not to get Sissoko done - but overall he was happy. What's wrong with this?

It was obviously sarcasm...

Christ.

I fear for Deulofeu.

I think this kid's career will be badly affected under Koeman, and it'll be one of the most controversial issues of his first season here.
In what way do you think geri's career will be badly affected by Koeman? Not having a go mate, just genuinely interested what your opinion is. I consider geri's fitness to be one of the main flaws within his game, Koeman will see that IMO.

...dont worry, Everton will get over £50M from Lukaku...cant remember what trumpet signed him like.
batman.webp

I fear for Deulofeu.

....I've gone on record in suggesting as an orthodox winger Deulofeu probably doesn't suit RKs team model. It's a funny old game and things mightn't turn out that way but the indications aren't positive. If it turns out to be the case it'll be a shame but that's the reality of things.

The bottom line is we've appointed a manager to bring us success and to enable this there will have to be transition of some kind. Some players will fit, others will not.

I love watching Deulofeu, but he's an out and out luxury player. I see him getting more bench time under Koeman unless he really knuckles down and works harder.

....I think he's very effective and not a luxury player at all, his assists record early last season was up there with the best in the league. I wonder, though, if he might suit RKs team model.

....I've gone on record in suggesting as an orthodox winger Deulofeu probably doesn't suit RKs team model. It's a funny old game and things mightn't turn out that way but the indications aren't positive. If it turns out to be the case it'll be a shame but that's the reality of things.

The bottom line is we've appointed a manager to bring us success and to enable this there will have to be transition of some kind. Some players will fit, others will not.
He's without doubt our most gifted player.

I would be alarmed if a manager couldn't coach a talent like him to play the way he wants or add to his game.

That ^^^ is something (amongst all the stuff about who Koeman gets to sign or doesn't get to sign) that needs watching with this new manager.

The same one who spent 13 on Niasse 2 on McGeady 4 on Besic 9 on Mori 2 on Robles 6 on Kone free on Alcaraz
His overall record was superb in the market, adding millions onto the squad value.

End of.

If you want to continue the debate, the Martinez thread is the appropriate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back