Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the present managers seem to last long,DM was an exception and did well (not if u saw the 60's and 80's sides mind u)Roberto got us believing for a season with some great football but couldn't organize a defence to save his life,why he kept faith in Howard is still a mystery when quite clearly he was finished.RK did really well 1st season back in Europe etc sound.Not his fault our Belgian superstar wants away or our Ross, god only knows what he's doing but for all the flak Jags,Williams,Mori are getting on here he did a great job defensively which helped us win more matches,All this he's (RK)going to go in 3 years or 2 is complete conjecture if he goes he'll have done a brilliant job or he will have been sacked.He's made a good start.
Excellent post, devoid of bias or bile and packed with common sense, you wont last long here mate :)

None of the present managers seem to last long,DM was an exception and did well (not if u saw the 60's and 80's sides mind u)Roberto got us believing for a season with some great football but couldn't organize a defence to save his life,why he kept faith in Howard is still a mystery when quite clearly he was finished.RK did really well 1st season back in Europe etc sound.Not his fault our Belgian superstar wants away or our Ross, god only knows what he's doing but for all the flak Jags,Williams,Mori are getting on here he did a great job defensively which helped us win more matches,All this he's (RK)going to go in 3 years or 2 is complete conjecture if he goes he'll have done a brilliant job or he will have been sacked.He's made a good start.

it is conjecture, of course

I'm delighted to hear the new arrivals talk about the influence Koeman has had in signing them and how they csnt wait to play for him.

I've felt that we haven't had that for a long time and what it does is only manifest an inferiority complex. I want Ronald to flex his muscles and say "yeah I'm the dogs bollcocks, done it all as a player and now I'm going to do it as manager of Everton so if you know what's good for you you will join us"

He's a big name and this summer is the first time I've thought "yeah he's getting involved here and throwing his weight around with Walsh and they are working together with the board and actually have a plan".

I don't want us fearing no team home and away and I think we've really stolen a march on our rivals as we will have bedded in 4 players with more to come I believe.

I'm delighted to hear the new arrivals talk about the influence Koeman has had in signing them and how they csnt wait to play for him.

I've felt that we haven't had that for a long time and what it does is only manifest an inferiority complex. I want Ronald to flex his muscles and say "yeah I'm the dogs bollcocks, done it all as a player and now I'm going to do it as manager of Everton so if you know what's good for you you will join us"

He's a big name and this summer is the first time I've thought "yeah he's getting involved here and throwing his weight around with Walsh and they are working together with the board and actually have a plan".

I don't want us fearing no team home and away and I think we've really stolen a march on our rivals as we will have bedded in 4 players with more to come I believe.
Really will be "his team"this season, over to you Ronnie:)

Really will be "his team"this season, over to you Ronnie:)

Options, youth, experience, pace, a full hard pre season and I think we'll be a match for most Dario. It was only our away form which really let us down last season and I think he's bringing in real winners and scrappers, exactly the type needed when away from home and under the cosh.

I think the hard start is even better becsuse if we do crap we all say "no harm as it was a tough start" BUT if we start off well.....well can you imagine the confidence pouring through the squad.

Still need 2/3 more and resolve Barkley and Lukaku situations but I'm as confident as I have been in a very long time mate that we are finally heading in the right direction.

Options, youth, experience, pace, a full hard pre season and I think we'll be a match for most Dario. It was only our away form which really let us down last season and I think he's bringing in real winners and scrappers, exactly the type needed when away from home and under the cosh.

I think the hard start is even better becsuse if we do crap we all say "no harm as it was a tough start" BUT if we start off well.....well can you imagine the confidence pouring through the squad.

Still need 2/3 more and resolve Barkley and Lukaku situations but I'm as confident as I have been in a very long time mate that we are finally heading in the right direction.
I feel optimism coursing through my royal blue veins for the first time in oh so many years macca mate and I'm worried..................aaaah Everton that;)lol

I feel optimism coursing through my royal blue veins for the first time in oh so many years macca mate and I'm worried..................aaaah Everton that;)lol
It felt like that at Goodison last season for me, it was almost tangible. Chuffed to see us flexing our muscles early in this window having learned lessons from last summer.

thing is, even with the new signings and keeping rom and ross we are still some way off the 6 teams ahead of us in terms of squad depth and with europe on the cards this season i think it will be a miracle if we finish top 6. I find it hard to predict anything other than another 7th place finish, thats no criticism of Koeman though, its just the best we can realistically expect. It will take multiple years of spending big to ever get top 4 imo.

Thus my judgement of him next season will focus more on the cup competitions which we actually have a chance at, im fairly sure we'll comfortably finish 7th.

Ron is clearly selling his vision and plans for the future, and it's working perfectly.

Koeman, Walsh and (so we've been led to believe) Ryazantsev are working together really well. Five in by the first week in July is fantastic business. Long may it continue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back