Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter.

We were in seventh heaven three years ago....in Europe, Rom signed on a permanent deal, Ross just penned a new contract.

Our manager had "revolutionised" the club, the School of Science had re-opened......above us only blue skies.

What could possibly go wrong?

:)

No sir....it is once bitten twice shy for ol' Khal :dance:

Now, don't get me wrong......I am full of optimism for the coming season and I fully expect us to kick on and if not qualify for the CL or win a Cup, to at least make a jolly good attempt at one, the other, or both and to still be involved in stuff at the business end of the season.

But I ain't canonising St. Ronald just yet ;)
Oh I certainly dont suggest cannonizing him yet, just realizing the large difference between the two.

Wisdom is discerning the difference between a one season exception and a season that is merely a continuation of many others.

He needs to achieve something this season. Top half of the PL, quarter finals of either domestic cup or last 32 of the Europa league is acceptable.

He'll be up against second season syndrome and Europa League syndrome which will make any higher than 10th in the PL a success.

And with a negative net spend and loads of new players to integrate and teach how to play his style of football it means we cannot challenge for trophies.

Hopefully if he can't achieve any of the targets above at the very least he might be able to get us a catchy twitter hashtag or have some clueless ex rs pundit praising us on MOTD. That's as good as any trophy for a club like Everton.
Please do not clog up this thread with blatant wumming. Thanks.

Oh I certainly dont suggest cannonizing him yet, just realizing the large difference between the two.

Wisdom is discerning the difference between a one season exception and a season that is merely a continuation of many others.

Indeed, Perry.

And that is why two wise owls like us will keep our powder dry and wait to see if this latest revoloution has substance ;)

Ronald Koeman believes next week’s training camp in Holland will ensure his Everton players are in the best possible shape for the start of the Club’s UEFA Europa League qualifying campaign.

The Blues will welcome Ružomberok of Slovakia or Norway’s SK Brann to Goodison Park in the first leg of the third qualifying round on 27 July, before playing the second leg a week later on 3 August.

Everton, who defeated Kenyan Premier League leaders Gor Mahia in their opening pre-season fixture on Thursday, will travel to Koeman’s homeland on Monday ahead of their friendlies against FC Twente on Wednesday and KRC Genk in Belgium next Saturday.

And the Dutchman believes two testing fixtures, coupled with the squad’s time together in Holland, will prove perfect preparation for their early return to competitive action.

“We know we will face a tough game whether it is against Ružomberok or SK Brann,” Koeman told evertonfc.com.

“The game against the Kenyan side, Gor Mahia, was good for the players from the physical aspect and now we look forward to a week in Holland and two more games against FC Twente and KRC Genk in preparation for the two legs of our Europa League tie.

“Europe is important to us, we need to play in Europe and we will be doing everything we can to reach the group stage of the Europa League to give ourselves that challenge in the coming season.”

He has spent 200m. The majority of players bought in their late twenties.

If he doesn't get champions league or a trophy either this season or within next couple he has failed.

Eh?

Pickford - 30 million, 23 years old
Keane - 30 million, 24 years old
Sandro - 5 million, 22 years old
Rooney - free (or up to 10 million depending on who you believe), 31 years old
Klaassen - 25 million(ish), 24 years old

4 players under 25, 1 older, for about 100 million

Eh?

Pickford - 30 million, 23 years old
Keane - 30 million, 24 years old
Sandro - 5 million, 22 years old
Rooney - free (or up to 10 million depending on who you believe), 31 years old
Klaassen - 25 million(ish), 24 years old

4 players under 25, 1 older, for about 100 million
What about Schielderlin, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Giroud?

We've only 2 of those for about 30 million, both 27.

Not really sure what your issue/point is
My point was if we buy Sigurdsson and Giroud then we would need to see CL within a couple of years. Because without the extra revenue we would struggle to rebuild the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back