Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Pochettino got them to 8th. Koeman got them to 6th. Koeman's win percentage there was 48%, a full 10% higher than Pochettino despite Koeman having to deal with an exodus of players.
Who would you rather have as manager, Koeman or Pochettino? Not even close in my opinion.

The only thing is with that is you can end up making excuses every summer for a manager which can be reasonable but there's got to be an end point. Better to declare what your GETDAHELLOUTMYCLUB breaking point is rather than giving excuses for us possibly being crap or average next season.

Because things can only ever be black or white? Can't people take a range of factors into account before making important decisions?

Bringing this in here to not derail the transfer thread further.

I dont believe its so black and white (i hate the amount of topics on here that are painted as such) to suggest people would have an idea in their heads on when they would feel we should change manager again.

I was very much behind Martinez and was willing to allow a lot of context and factors in to explain how it all went wrong, but knew all along that despite him earning the right to have a poor 2nd season there was no way he should survive a weak 3rd.

I personally dont want to be in the summer of 2019 with Koeman having signed an extension, having done no better than say 6th and no trophies, and people are still arguing reasons for giving him more time.

For this season the first thing I want to see is a clear gameplan, some intelligence in attack and for us to win a few of our big games. If that looks good and we just fall short of improving on 7th/cup win then there would be a clear enough step up from first to second season to justify the 3rd. Personally though if we have another just ok season, I'd prefer get somebody else in next summer.

Bringing this in here to not derail the transfer thread further.

I dont believe its so black and white (i hate the amount of topics on here that are painted as such) to suggest people would have an idea in their heads on when they would feel we should change manager again.

I was very much behind Martinez and was willing to allow a lot of context and factors in to explain how it all went wrong, but knew all along that despite him earning the right to have a poor 2nd season there was no way he should survive a weak 3rd.

I personally dont want to be in the summer of 2019 with Koeman having signed an extension, having done no better than say 6th and no trophies, and people are still arguing reasons for giving him more time.

For this season the first thing I want to see is a clear gameplan, some intelligence in attack and for us to win a few of our big games. If that looks good and we just fall short of improving on 7th/cup win then there would be a clear enough step up from first to second season to justify the 3rd. Personally though if we have another just ok season, I'd prefer get somebody else in next summer.
I doubt Koeman will be going anywhere until his third and final season has finished. The only thing that could change this year is that if we have a brilliant season we'll either offer him an extension (hopefully a shorter more sensible one then we gave Martinez) or somebody will come in for him and he may prove to be the mercenary people have suggested and want out. Baring a total disaster this season Koeman won't be sacked and will be given his third year after which if not enough improvement has been made the club part ways without fuss since his contract expires then.

This week could tell a lot about Koeman, if he can oversee the completion of moves for Sigurdsson and Giroud plus Reid the following week then he will have a team of his own making.
He will then have to put his vision into action. I could see such a team challenging for top four and a trophy.

Heard from a relative of an u23 player that he's pissed off a few youngsters this week (Davies, Dowell, Kenny and Connolly)

He played quite a few of the younger players last season, but the fact he picked Martina and also the fact Dowell was nowhere to be seen after a good pre-season is perplexing at best and worrying at worst

Aside from that though I think he's looking at the right players we need but it's a matter of whether he'll get them or not

With Barkley sadly off, Giroud and Sigurdsson make sense as potential recruits

I just get the impression that even if he performs great, certain posters on here will continue to pick holes regardless.

His last 3 premier league standings have been 7th, 6th and 7th, without have vast amounts of cash to spend.

2 of those with Southampton who were selling the family silver under his nose each season.

Lets at least see how he does with a bit of cash behind him before your mindless hatred and anger kicks in again maybe?

I doubt Koeman will be going anywhere until his third and final season has finished. The only thing that could change this year is that if we have a brilliant season we'll either offer him an extension (hopefully a shorter more sensible one then we gave Martinez) or somebody will come in for him and he may prove to be the mercenary people have suggested and want out. Baring a total disaster this season Koeman won't be sacked and will be given his third year after which if not enough improvement has been made the club part ways without fuss since his contract expires then.

I think that's fair. I personally would prefer he be dumped next summer if this season is no better or little better than last, but wouldn't be going crazy if he was given the third year. It would be a completely understandable decision for me, even if I wouldn't be happy with it.

I think that's fair. I personally would prefer he be dumped next summer if this season is no better or little better than last, but wouldn't be going crazy if he was given the third year. It would be a completely understandable decision for me, even if I wouldn't be happy with it.

What makes you think he must do better when teams like Citch and Chelsea have better squads initially and continue to spend more in terms of transfer fees and wages than Everton? I expect the other Sky4 to follow suite. You call him out to get sacked when he got Everton 7th last season. You must be fury between 2014-2016.

What makes you think he must do better when teams like Citch and Chelsea have better squads initially and continue to spend more in terms of transfer fees and wages than Everton? I expect the other Sky4 to follow suite. You call him out to get sacked when he got Everton 7th last season. You must be fury between 2014-2016.

oh hello

its hkt with another Martinez reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back