Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been one of Koeman's biggest fans, but I can't even attempt to defend that gash today. He's had plenty of money to plug a few holes and has failed to do so - Director of Football or not. We're so painfully defensive, yet not even defending well in games.

Going into the summer window I thought we were at least 5 first teamers short of challenging the top 6. It's now September and I think we're still 5 first team players short.

That's just it - he hasn't.

He was clearly promised a new striker and left sided defensive cover, and wasn't delivered it.

Yeah he shares the blame, but I don't know what else he could have done today other than spend the Lukaku money on a Lukaku replacement first and foremost instead of Sigurdsson. If anything, I blame him for the situation he engineered with Barkley that prompted that decision, but ultimately Moshiri has let him down seriously.

What I don't understand, is why we play hoofball when our lineup swamps the center midfield? The ball goes over all of them and we quickly lose possession. Then they come down the flanks.
If we're going to play hoofball, we might aswell have Sandro and DCL on at the same time to make runs after the ball and have a lone CM (Sigi/Klaassen (koff wayne)) backing them up.
He is losing me with his lineups.

That's just it - he hasn't.

He was clearly promised a new striker and left sided defensive cover, and wasn't delivered it.

Yeah he shares the blame, but I don't know what else he could have done today other than spend the Lukaku money on a Lukaku replacement first and foremost instead of Sigurdsson. If anything, I blame him for the situation he engineered with Barkley that prompted that decision, but ultimately Moshiri has let him down seriously.

On the striker thing, he thought he had the one he wanted. Which was obviously Giroud.

And that's fine. Some don't come off.

But to not get anyone, even a stop gap player who can do an alright job there is a disaster. An unforgivable disaster.

It's not all on Koeman of course. In fact barely any of that is.

But we set up like a team who want to defend a lead. But can barely have a shot let alone take an actual lead. At the moment anyway.

I just don't get it.

I don't think anyone was caught unawares by us getting beat, more like how absolutely gash, impotent, and clueless we looked in the process. not a single shot on goal AT HOME

Not hard to grasp this; yet some are really struggling. Can't blame Koeman, dear god stunning claim that, the blokes having a nightmare and doesn't look capable of turning it around. I mean how dare we expect some shots at goal against Spurs, give me a break, shocking management currently and his career as a manager stinks of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back