Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to disagree with you Zatara because we agree on most things but Martinez really was all show and no go.

I stuck by him longer than most but in the end he was moving us backwards and when we lost out on the boy from Leeds who went to West Ham it was clear he had lost the respect of players and agents in the wider football world.

I think the player went to west ham as he and his family were west ham fans mate.

He brought in some quality with Lukaku, Deulofeu and others signed who i would love us to keep for a decade.

Mori also was a good buy just as he was breaking into the national team and is now a regular.

I think the players had a mutiny really and baines shouldnt have spoken out as he did...its poor from him especiallyas he was dreadful performance wise compared to 2 years before.

Martinez could have had a clearout and brought in quality with money...

Thats what i wanted to see before the RS game. In the end it was apparent that he was about as popular as koeman was at valencia.

Yeah, they look winnable.

But the Champions have already lost at Hull, and been battered by New Stand FC.

So to give your blessing to a manager over 7 games is just patently ridiculous.

You hate him, fair enough. I think he looks ok.

You think "he looks ok". I think he could do with some hair dye, brown shoes and a perma tan.

The one thing ive always said about Martinez is that id like to have seen him in a transfer window with a pot of money to spend. Bar niasse he did pretty well with it. This summer we signed bolasie for big money and wanted sissoko who would have been our biggest ever signing...both average players who shouldnt be starters.

Last season we had the same results other than stoke where they caught stones out if i remember correctly. I think we would have had more chance attracting quality with martinez in charge and could well have improved...who knows.

Seemed a mourinho-esque revolt since xmas by the players when we would have been much higher up the table if not for mccarthy getting crocked and howard being poor.
Can't say I agree with any of this. Lukaku was the same money as Bolasie and Sissoko would have been 5 instalments so not really the £30m upfront. If we go in at half time a goal down this season I'm far more confident we will get a reaction 2nd half from the players. The team couldn't be arsed because they could see that what they were being told wasn't working, I know if my manager kept saying the same crap and it wasn't working I would give up on the idea. He was well out of his depth and we all know it.
Koeman, if he's only here for 2/3 seasons to go on and get a bigger job then I will be glad that he has been here, there is no doubt he will make us a better team.

I'm not saying I would be mad if it doesn't happen or hold anyone to blame. I know football doesn't always work out the way it should but we should be expecting wins against a lot of those teams.

To a man our first eleven isn't far off some of the top teams in the league and you can bet that's what their fans would be thinking.

In many ways I think we are dark horses because if Jags and Williams stay fit we have one of the best defenses.

I think the defence needs those two fit and Holgate to keep his place and performances to be at the same level. With Coleman and Baines we would look a bit weak defensively on the flanks imo. Especially as the weaker sides try and go for the corners rather than through the middle due to the lack of quality in their centre.

We also need lukaku fit as without him were doomed.

Yeah, they look winnable.

But the Champions have already lost at Hull, and been battered by New Stand FC.

So to give your blessing to a manager over 7 games is just patently ridiculous.

You hate him, fair enough. I think he looks ok.

Boss name, can't believe I never thought about that before.

You would be able to tell a lot more about that club from that name as well, it took them a lot of classless and frankly disgraceful strategies to get to have a new stand.

Liverpool FC, you'd think they'd represent the city. They only represent the worst of it.

Absolutely no reason we can't get 5 wins but we both know its better to take it one at a time with the blues.

If we win on Monday I'll start to become quietly confident. It's the sort we usually mess up so I'd like to see evidence of that changing.

I think we need to win it...get the confidence up after the break with the run of winnable games. Draw or lose against sunderland who look like relegation material and its a worry.

I think the player went to west ham as he and his family were west ham fans mate.

He brought in some quality with Lukaku, Deulofeu and others signed who i would love us to keep for a decade.

Mori also was a good buy just as he was breaking into the national team and is now a regular.

I think the players had a mutiny really and baines shouldnt have spoken out as he did...its poor from him especiallyas he was dreadful performance wise compared to 2 years before.

Martinez could have had a clearout and brought in quality with money...

Thats what i wanted to see before the RS game. In the end it was apparent that he was about as popular as koeman was at valencia.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Utter state of ALL this.

Can't say I agree with any of this. Lukaku was the same money as Bolasie and Sissoko would have been 5 instalments so not really the £30m upfront. If we go in at half time a goal down this season I'm far more confident we will get a reaction 2nd half from the players. The team couldn't be arsed because they could see that what they were being told wasn't working, I know if my manager kept saying the same crap and it wasn't working I would give up on the idea. He was well out of his depth and we all know it.
Koeman, if he's only here for 2/3 seasons to go on and get a bigger job then I will be glad that he has been here, there is no doubt he will make us a better team.

I dont think he had the money to get the right players for his system.

Bolasie is a crazy signing when we have better in Deulofeu on the right and Mirallas on the left. I was hoping for an upgrade on mirallas but weve signed someone who delivers 1 in 4 games.

Sissoko it doesnt matter if the cash is upfront or not (thesedays it rarely is) he would have been our highest transfer and no way worth it.

Do you really want to argue about how bad he was there? He nearly relegated the 3rd best team in the league (would have done unless he was sacked), had the players filing lawsuits and the story goes that they ignored him in the cup to show the owner how they would be in the league without him.

They hate him. Thats why it would be surprising if he ever got another job in spain he was such a disaster.

People were amazed he got the southampton job as he had been pretty bad until feyenoord.

Will you bleeding leave it out.

You've posted more negative posts about Koeman than you ever did about Martinez, which to be honest is embarrassing, although I doubt anyone will take it seriously.
Absolutely howling at this.

I've offered and continue to offer Koeman my support from day one (in fact, hoped if we did get rid of RM that he'd be the replacement), and you (a feller who opposed Martinez from the day he was installed and gave no support whatsoever) are calling me disloyal.

You really couldn't make that up. It's breathtaking in its brass neck cheek.

Boss name, can't believe I never thought about that before.

You would be able to tell a lot more about that club from that name as well, it took them a lot of classless and frankly disgraceful strategies to get to have a new stand.

Liverpool FC, you'd think they'd represent the city. They only represent the worst of it.

That club represent themselves only.

The fact they have our City as their name is an unfortunate one, because they never have, and never will do, represent the values of our City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back