Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 3 games

Sunderland
Boro
Bournemouth
Palace
Man city
Burnley
West Ham

If he can take 15 points or more off that run then i will be impressed.

That would give us 22pts after 10 games. Then i'll change my tune...

lol

70% win rate over a few months then you will give him your blessing. Sake.

If it was Martinez it would be 1 point from 9, if we were lucky. I've said it before on here but Koeman takes no crap that has to make a difference in performances.

The one thing ive always said about Martinez is that id like to have seen him in a transfer window with a pot of money to spend. Bar niasse he did pretty well with it. This summer we signed bolasie for big money and wanted sissoko who would have been our biggest ever signing...both average players who shouldnt be starters.

Last season we had the same results other than stoke where they caught stones out if i remember correctly. I think we would have had more chance attracting quality with martinez in charge and could well have improved...who knows.

Seemed a mourinho-esque revolt since xmas by the players when we would have been much higher up the table if not for mccarthy getting crocked and howard being poor.

Only 3 games

Sunderland
Boro
Bournemouth
Palace
Man city
Burnley
West Ham

If he can take 15 points or more off that run then i will be impressed.

That would give us 22pts after 10 games. Then i'll change my tune...
So it will take 7 wins and a draw from 10 for you to be happy with Koeman, because of your prerequisites.

Were you a fan of Martinez?

lol

70% win rate over a few months then you will give him your blessing. Sake.
Against those teams we should be able to achieve that. Jags and Williams are solid in defense. Gueye is a revelation and with our attack force it's definitely not just possible but achievable.

This isn't me setting a bar too high for Koeman so I can then pull him down. I just think with our first 11 we should be going into these games believing we should win.

The one thing ive always said about Martinez is that id like to have seen him in a transfer window with a pot of money to spend. Bar niasse he did pretty well with it. This summer we signed bolasie for big money and wanted sissoko who would have been our biggest ever signing...both average players who shouldnt be starters.

Last season we had the same results other than stoke where they caught stones out if i remember correctly. I think we would have had more chance attracting quality with martinez in charge and could well have improved...who knows.

Seemed a mourinho-esque revolt since xmas by the players when we would have been much higher up the table if not for mccarthy getting crocked and howard being poor.
Nope, not even close.

Against those teams we should be able to achieve that. Jags and Williams are solid in defense. Gueye is a revelation and with our attack force it's definitely not just possible but achievable.

This isn't me setting a bar too high for Koeman so I can then pull him down. I just think with our first 11 we should be going into these games believing we should win.
If it were as easy as that we'd all be a lot richer.

Theres 5 games there we should win and also get something from west ham as long as payet doesnt turn it on.

Also against city there will be some crowd effect due to stones.

I hate to disagree with you Zatara because we agree on most things but Martinez really was all show and no go.

I stuck by him longer than most but in the end he was moving us backwards and when we lost out on the boy from Leeds who went to West Ham it was clear he had lost the respect of players and agents in the wider football world.

Dont you agree that theres 5 winnable games there? We need to win those games if we have aspirations for a high position in the league.

Yeah, they look winnable.

But the Champions have already lost at Hull, and been battered by New Stand FC.

So to give your blessing to a manager over 7 games is just patently ridiculous.

You hate him, fair enough. I think he looks ok.

If it were as easy as that we'd all be a lot richer.
I'm not saying I would be mad if it doesn't happen or hold anyone to blame. I know football doesn't always work out the way it should but we should be expecting wins against a lot of those teams.

To a man our first eleven isn't far off some of the top teams in the league and you can bet that's what their fans would be thinking.

In many ways I think we are dark horses because if Jags and Williams stay fit we have one of the best defenses.

Dont you agree that theres 5 winnable games there? We need to win those games if we have aspirations for a high position in the league.

Absolutely no reason we can't get 5 wins but we both know its better to take it one at a time with the blues.

If we win on Monday I'll start to become quietly confident. It's the sort we usually mess up so I'd like to see evidence of that changing.

Absolutely no reason we can't get 5 wins but we both know its better to take it one at a time with the blues.

If we win on Monday I'll start to become quietly confident. It's the sort we usually mess up so I'd like to see evidence of that changing.

Quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back