Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ask me about other teams in spain back then then i would have no idea but i thought valencia would be on for a title challenge based on getting in koeman and the players he had...

Theres some top players here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Valencia_CF_season

I got into them as i saw them on the tv and liked canizares...not in a big way but watched them if they happened on tv (never bothered with the other sides)...so i was amazed at how bad he was. Totally alienated them and they looked really bad.

I think thats why he wont last 2 seasons or more here when we need to sign big names (if moshiri is the real deal) he will fall out with them. Rumoured to have fallen out with a few at southampton also.

Zat, that's only half the story. The president went through 5 managers, sporting directors and executives like a mad man. They were carrying a debt of €500m and announced the new stadium which placed more and more debt on the club.

That place was like a virus for a good few years and nobody wanted anything to do with it; yes koeman had a pretty bad time of it but it wasn't all down to him.

He tried doing what AVB did at Chelsea and banned the "influential players in the dressing" because they carried to much power. It back fired; but it was almost 10 years ago ffs

Zat, that's only half the story. The president went through 5 managers, sporting directors and executives like a mad man. They were carrying a debt of €500m and announced the new stadium which placed more and more debt on the club.

That place was like a virus for a good few years and nobody wanted anything to do with it; yes koeman had a pretty bad time of it but it wasn't all down to him.

He tried doing what AVB did at Chelsea and banned the "influential players in the dressing" because they carried to much power. It back fired; but it was almost 10 years ago ffs

Yes i know but that didnt mean he tanked with a top squad.

I was just making the point when some posters said he did a good job there and won a cup (which no one was fussed about).

Its ok to say he was a failure...

This. Valencia CF has been in a state of upheaval for over 10 years so it's difficult to judge anyone on their record there in that period.

But he won a cup, so it can't be described as a failure as he delivered a trophy.

Even if no one cared about it and the players said they were using it showing how they should be playing league games?

I thought they would finish top 3 that season...imagine, they were 2 off relegation and villereal took their place and finished 2nd.

Not been the same since as their top players became too old and they had the money problems and stadium drama.

I thought they were going to be huge back then and win alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back