Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And?

What would it take for your opinion of Koeman to change/upgrade?

Well 3 games is nothing in a 38 game season.

Hes come out and said hes happy with our window but not happy with deadline day as we didnt get sissoko.

Thats bizarre dont you think? If he was apparently promised top players and big money spent.

If you ask me about other teams in spain back then then i would have no idea but i thought valencia would be on for a title challenge based on getting in koeman and the players he had...

Theres some top players here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Valencia_CF_season

I got into them as i saw them on the tv and liked canizares...not in a big way but watched them if they happened on tv (never bothered with the other sides)...so i was amazed at how bad he was. Totally alienated them and they looked really bad.

I think thats why he wont last 2 seasons or more here when we need to sign big names (if moshiri is the real deal) he will fall out with them. Rumoured to have fallen out with a few at southampton also.
I remember the BBC Radio Solent footy man after Koeman finally left telling a few tales about sighs of relief from many players there (Tadic for one who is supposed to loathe him). Articles like that make me think he's a marmite personality for players though. This genuinely surprised me because I thought he was that type of coach who all players warmed to.

In a way it's comforting to know that he's the type that wont pull punches given the Chelseafication of our dressing room in the last few seasons. But I think, and as you suggest, long term there's only one winner - and it isn;t the manager.

That alderweirald is a weird one.

Goes there on loan with guaranteed option to buy, they want to take up the option but he goes to spurs.

What happened there and didnt they sue?
Perhaps the player himself was unwilling to commit to a permanent deal? For all the dealings between the two clubs it relies on his agreement.

That's the most likely option that I can think of - he's heard of Spurs interest and simply declared that he was unwilling to sign for Southampton.

Well 3 games is nothing in a 38 game season.

Hes come out and said hes happy with our window but not happy with deadline day as we didnt get sissoko.

Thats bizarre dont you think? If he was apparently promised top players and big money spent.
Not bizzare at all. There are positive words in the English dictionary that supersede the word 'happy' he is happy with the window, Sissoko could've had him saying he was thrilled with our window.

I remember the BBC Radio Solent footy man after Koeman finally left telling a few tales about sighs of relief from many players there (Tadic for one who is supposed to loathe him). Articles like that make me think he's a marmite personality for players though. This genuinely surprised me because I thought he was that type of coach who all players warmed to.

In a way it's comforting to know that he's the type that wont pull punches given the Chelseafication of our dressing room in the last few seasons. But I think, and as you suggest, long term there's only one winner - and it isn;t the manager.
You've posted more negative posts about Koeman than you ever did about Martinez, which to be honest is embarrassing, although I doubt anyone will take it seriously.

You see how loved unsworth was in his game. Says alot.

Perhaps the player himself was unwilling to commit to a permanent deal? For all the dealings between the two clubs it relies on his agreement.

That's the most likely option that I can think of - he's heard of Spurs interest and simply declared that he was unwilling to sign for Southampton.

If i remember correctly it was signed off by the player at the initial loan stage but he then signed for spurs before southampton paid the agreed fee.

So southampton wanted to sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back