Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That right? Got the impression he was the key cog in the latest new way to run a football club.

Really?

Created the system for them to bring through players and bring in failed managers to suit there system.

Poch+koeman+frenchie were all on the way down before they joined and fitted into the system he put in place.

Did a good job mugging off liverpool as well.

Can't keep a team together. Won't ever progress.

They blame him.

Just curious really. Always raise my eyebrows when any club announce they have reinvented how to run a football club.

The list is a long one.

But @ijjysmith knows his Southampton better than most on here.

I think its brentford who do all their hiring and signing and selling players based solely on stats. They were doing well but sacked the manager based on stats.

One to watch

Koeman wasnt sacked at the end of the season in 10th place...he was sacked when they were two points off relegation.

As i said before they won the cup DESPITE koeman and to show the owner what the could do without him.

Heres one article and there are many others saying the same if not WORSE....they HATED him

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/apr/21/europeanfootball.sport?0p19G=e
Just looking at that article I found it alarming to see how the players at Valencia gave him the run around and completely disrespected him and went their own way. We can only hope he learned the lessons of that experience and deals with the clique here.

Well, i think Koeman had a much better squad after Reeds wheeling and dealing. Also we went downhill and they took our place then chelsea did the same.

Id say he kept them stable.
Interesting, so has that means Reed is accountable for their poor start this season? Was he also accountable for Pochettino getting the Spurs job and nearly winning them the league?

His season at benfica was the 3rd place filler in s 3 team league in the middle of 2 title wins. I read an article saying that they thought he was a bit of a weirdo.

I'm quite interested in Unsworth. Hes playing full backs at centre back out of choice and winning games it seems and the way we were set up in the last game of the season was fantastic.

In cases like his its a shame we dont have a B team in one of the leagues so we could see how he does managing against other clubs. He seemed to take to it like a duck to water though.
Things may have turned out different if Unsworth had been given the last month or so of last season when the players and Martinez proved finally incompatible. If Unsworth had done a decent job over a period he may well have got the nod for at least the start of this season. He knew the system the whole club was geared to and he might have just added the steel we needed in defence.

Just looking at that article I found it alarming to see how the players at Valencia gave him the run around and completely disrespected him and went their own way. We can only hope he learned the lessons of that experience and deals with the clique here.

If you ask me about other teams in spain back then then i would have no idea but i thought valencia would be on for a title challenge based on getting in koeman and the players he had...

Theres some top players here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Valencia_CF_season

I got into them as i saw them on the tv and liked canizares...not in a big way but watched them if they happened on tv (never bothered with the other sides)...so i was amazed at how bad he was. Totally alienated them and they looked really bad.

I think thats why he wont last 2 seasons or more here when we need to sign big names (if moshiri is the real deal) he will fall out with them. Rumoured to have fallen out with a few at southampton also.

Can't keep a team together. Won't ever progress.
The likes of Wanyama, Mané, Clyne, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Pellè, the inability to retain Alderweireld, Lovren, Shaw and Chambers spring to mind.

Financially they've done certainly faired well and have been able to reinvent themselves, but it's certainly more akin to a squad merry-go-round.

Things may have turned out different if Unsworth had been given the last month or so of last season when the players and Martinez proved finally incompatible. If Unsworth had done a decent job over a period he may well have got the nod for at least the start of this season. He knew the system the whole club was geared to and he might have just added the steel we needed in defence.

Its possible, but i think moshiri wanted a name. I mean theres managers out there with better records than koeman but he brings the "star name" to kick off moshiris 1st full season.

I think in 1 or 2 seasons time its better for unsworth when he can come in and integrate the youth players with walsh making the signings to fill in the gaps.

The likes of Wanyama, Mané, Clyne, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Pellè, the inability to retain Alderweireld, Lovren, Shaw and Chambers spring to mind.

Financially they've done certainly faired well and have been able to reinvent themselves, but it's certainly more akin to a squad merry-go-round.

That alderweirald is a weird one.

Goes there on loan with guaranteed option to buy, they want to take up the option but he goes to spurs.

What happened there and didnt they sue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back