Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id prefer us to be going for titles and champions leagues if we had a top side...not only settling for a low league position and a cup which is short term success

With royle we win the cup and used it as a springboard to get in kancho and shoot up to 6th....would be different if we plummeted in the league which is why so many wanted martinez sacked even if he won the cup
Am i mistaken, or did you not support MARTINEZ last season proclaiming that you would be happy finishing in the bottom half of the table as long as we won a cup ?

I think we need to win it...get the confidence up after the break with the run of winnable games. Draw or lose against sunderland who look like relegation material and its a worry.

I agree its a concern if we don't win, and a frustration. But we don't HAVE to win. We could draw and beat Boro next week and we've 11 from 5 which is good.

I just want to see consistency of performance and Goodison returned to a fortress. If those are achieved we will do well over the season not just next 7 games.

I think the defence needs those two fit and Holgate to keep his place and performances to be at the same level. With Coleman and Baines we would look a bit weak defensively on the flanks imo. Especially as the weaker sides try and go for the corners rather than through the middle due to the lack of quality in their centre.

We also need lukaku fit as without him were doomed.
Coleman has taken a lot of stick but him and Baines while not being up to the standard of a few years ago are still as good as most fullbacks in the league. Gueye also gives us the player that all teams need to stop attacks before they even get that far.

Last season pretty much every time the opposition had the ball lead to them getting through to our back 4. I think as a team we will be far more solid and Williams and Jags will be rocks.

We remind me of one of Jose's early Chelsea teams.

Absolutely howling at this.

I've offered and continue to offer Koeman my support from day one (in fact, hoped if we did get rid of RM that he'd be the replacement), and you (a feller who opposed Martinez from the day he was installed and gave no support whatsoever) are calling me disloyal.

You really couldn't make that up. It's breathing in its brass neck cheek.
No, you really haven't. I called Martinez out because he delivered what I feared. Clear as day my friend, accept it and move on.

Your subtle digs at Koeman haven't gone unnoticed.

I dont think he had the money to get the right players for his system.

Bolasie is a crazy signing when we have better in Deulofeu on the right and Mirallas on the left. I was hoping for an upgrade on mirallas but weve signed someone who delivers 1 in 4 games.

Sissoko it doesnt matter if the cash is upfront or not (thesedays it rarely is) he would have been our highest transfer and no way worth it.
He will never get the right players for his system because his system doesn't work.
There is too much money floating around the premier league now so all players are going to be mad money, I actually think Bolasie is a good buy.

He will never get the right players for his system because his system doesn't work.
There is too much money floating around the premier league now so all players are going to be mad money, I actually think Bolasie is a good buy.

Well, Bolasie had a dreadful assist and goalscoring record at palace. Seems big money to take him.

Deulofeu for me should be a fixture on the right as his assists are ridiculous and on the left mirallas should have been upgraded due to his consistency but for better than what i expect of bolasie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back