Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when we were everloan that would have been inexcusable.

We're clueless at the minute and I don't buy the whole "they need time to gel" nonsense

Clueless is the only word for it. We can't put together a passing move that leads to a shot on goal, best we've done is get it to crossing positions for it to be spooned over our midget forwards and in front of our 3 number 10s at the top of the box.

Finding it hard to put into words my horror at seeing that performance today.
I can't shake off this feeling that although you can't argue with his record as a player, he is struggling to transfer that success to his managerial career.
He truthfully looks like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights, unable to motivate his players, and that was so evident today. My fear is we have given both him, and the team a ready made excuse to hide behind, in the lack of a striker.
Tough times ahead given our schedule over the next few weeks, I just hope we can pick ourselves up and at least have a go.

Koeman's present tactical/selection approach recalls the old expression "you can fool some of the people some of the time, but be aware of Greeks bearing gift horses, trying to make them drink and then shutting the stable doors".

i.e. it's a hotchpotch melange of a misshapen mess

We won the possession though...
martinez_ap_t.jpg

This is the funny thing.

Dave's absence, and I very much miss him, has actually had the effect of opening up the Koeman debate and he is being put under the microscope far more closely without Dave and his antagonists swamping the thread with their handbag swinging.
There maybe a little bit of truth in this but the fundamental thing that's happened is we are playing badly and losing. Davek or no Davek that's going to result in more critical debate. Anyway bring him back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back