Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The minute the transfer window closed and we hadnt signed a striker the expectations for this season had disintegrated.
Who's fault is it?

Keoman,Walsh ,Barkley or the board?

Keoman is the manager did he have someone lined but not get the backing on the final day?
Walsh ,What exactly does he do? We can all spot proven players and recommend buying them for £25 million I thought he was there to find hidden gems.There must be a striker out there somewhere who can do a job maybe he has recommend one but been overruled.
Bàrkley? Did his u turn scupper our plans to sign a striker?
Moshiri?
Did he ever actually say that we would be spend big on players because we seem to back to the sell to buy policy. Has he actually Invested anything in the team as with the sale of Lukaku plus £60 million from Chinese investment it covers our spending.
There is no doubt that as a business we seem a lot more professional than we have been for years.But as a football club we are still run by amateurs.
It is far to early to be calling for Ronnies head but the honeymoon period is definitely over he has to start showing us he is the real deal and not just another great player who couldn't hack it as a manager.
Also I have lost a bit of faith In Moshiri is he really the man to take us to a new level or is he just another new owner on the make.
Who knows ? There is only I can say without question it is hard being an Evertonian but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

The minute the transfer window closed and we hadnt signed a striker the expectations for this season had disintegrated.
Who's fault is it?

Keoman is the manager did he have someone lined but not get the backing on the final day?
Walsh ,What exactly does he do? We can all spot proven players and recommend buying them for £25 million I thought he was there to find hidden gems.There must be a striker out there somewhere who can do a job maybe he has recommend one but been overruled.
Moshiri?
Did he ever actually say that we would be spend big on players because we seem to back to the sell to buy policy. Has he actually Invested anything in the team as with the sale of Lukaku plus £60 million from Chinese investment it covers our spending.
There is no doubt that as a business we seem a lot more professional than we have been for years.But as a football club we are still run by amateurs.
It is far to early to be calling for Ronnies head but the honeymoon period is definitely over he has to start showing us he is the real deal and not just another great player who couldn't hack it as a manager.
Also I have lost a bit of faith In Moshiri is he really the man to take us to a new level or is he just another new owner on the make.
Who knows ? There is only I can say without question it is hard being an Evertonian but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

Moshiri for absolutely blagging it that we had loads of money. Koeman for not being able to even find a budget striker to stand there and let the ball bounce off him and occasionally bring the 400 midfielders we have into play.

And there in a nutshell it says it all.
Something I have noticed though is that there has been a distinct lack of the "bedwetter" jibe towards some of the replies today.
I wonder why?
Because bedwetting is overreacting to one offs. These last two/three league games have been dire enough for most rational blues to start questioning things.
That said, it STILL is early.

I just don't feel a positive vibe this season.

It's just not there. Big concern.

Precisely - I don't look forward to watching us anymore, watching us the last few months there's not been a single game where I've watched us play brilliantly or just went "Wow" afterwards, last season we were still quite boring to watch albeit we did get results, this season it's no quality and no results. Which is a recipe for disaster.

If our dreadful form continues on Thursday questions seriously have to be asked - not just of Koeman, but of Walsh and Moshiri as well. We've spent the same amount as Milan but they've massively improved, whereas we look like we've gotten worse. Very concerning times.

Because bedwetting is overreacting to one offs. These last two/three league games have been dire enough for most rational blues to start questioning things.
That said, it STILL is early.
A deft move by your good self answering my question. I like it.
It is early days, but hold tight.

30/40 goal a season striker replaced with what? Madness. Not even a half cocked Brazilian from citeh in sight. Koeman wont hang around for long. Will soon get bored

All his signings are average at best. Worst of all he bought 3 of the same type. Rooney, Sig and Klaassen. Good players on their day but only 1 max 2 were needed. Team lacks power, pace, guile and a striker. Any fool could see that.

Well we will find out in the next 3 months how good he is, because there is a good blend to be found in there, he's got some talented players, but he's not picking the right team and tactics at present.

Who's fault is it?

Moshiri?

Kenwright

30/40 goal a season striker replaced with what? Madness. Not even a half cocked Brazilian from citeh in sight. Koeman wont hang around for long. Will soon get bored
Look at Arsenal, Sanchez was being sold, but only if they could bring in a striker to replace him, they couldn't and he had to stay, he walks free in May.

Lukaku had 2 years left, we should never have agreed to sell him without a replacement lined up, it is now looking to be a massive balls up by all involved, it was common sense to get a striker in to replace Lukaku.

2 words, team spirit.
Serious question, can anybody see any ? Regardless of talent available, this is a major part of management skillset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back