Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez inherited a team with a great well drilled defence and bolted a good attack on it but failed in his second season when he put more of his own stamp on it. Is the same happening to Koeman in reverse (inheriting a good attack and instilling discipline in the team in his first season)?

Was really hoping to see some shoots of a plan coming together regarding the formation and balance of the team .I couldn't even on paper see how rooney klassen and gylfi could play together and definitely seeing them today whoever was up top be it giroud or benteke reinforces my view

Was it pressure from above to get the cash in rather than sign a replacement first? Bonkers as you say. Scratching around on transfer deadline day was too late. Where they scratching around? Who knows
We've spent too much money on number 10's mate, 3 were signed, you only need one plus a back up, we have 4 if you include Barkley, if Gilfy was signed first Klaassen would not be here.

Take Klaassen's fee, add 10m, get a striker, we'd be sorted if that was the case, we've sold 25 goals a season, and we just had to get a decent proven Prem striker in, there was one going at Man City, he went to Leicester.

The minute the transfer window closed and we hadnt signed a striker the expectations for this season had disintegrated.
Who's fault is it?

Keoman,Walsh ,Barkley or the board?

Keoman is the manager did he have someone lined but not get the backing on the final day?
Walsh ,What exactly does he do? We can all spot proven players and recommend buying them for £25 million I thought he was there to find hidden gems.There must be a striker out there somewhere who can do a job maybe he has recommend one but been overruled.
Bàrkley? Did his u turn scupper our plans to sign a striker?
Moshiri?
Did he ever actually say that we would be spend big on players because we seem to back to the sell to buy policy. Has he actually Invested anything in the team as with the sale of Lukaku plus £60 million from Chinese investment it covers our spending.
There is no doubt that as a business we seem a lot more professional than we have been for years.But as a football club we are still run by amateurs.
It is far to early to be calling for Ronnies head but the honeymoon period is definitely over he has to start showing us he is the real deal and not just another great player who couldn't hack it as a manager.
Also I have lost a bit of faith In Moshiri is he really the man to take us to a new level or is he just another new owner on the make.
Who knows ? There is only I can say without question it is hard being an Evertonian but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.
Koeman.

Just sort it out Ron ok we didn't get the striker, but play players in the correct positions and bin off your favourites Williams and Martina. I don't think I could take a Martinez-esque seasons, but it's looking average so far. We seem to be more up for the Europa games.

Martinez inherited a team with a great well drilled defence and bolted a good attack on it but failed in his second season when he put more of his own stamp on it. Is the same happening to Koeman in reverse (inheriting a good attack and instilling discipline in the team in his first season)?
Except his first season wasn't actually as good as Martinez's. Think on that in your comparison (which is a good shout by the way) & be worried.

Back Ronald you weirdos

I back Ron completely. Our squad is gash and while the board faff around and don't back him, then we are going nowhere.

What a manager

Tremendous popcorn from the boss man. Absolute legend.

Ohhh Ronald we love you

Ronald needs a song. A really good song.

Ronald Koeman is a good football manager and I like him.

Oh Ronald Koeeeeman you are the love of my life

The man is a winner. Just rid the board and let him do his job without interference.

My faith was strong but is now completely lost.

flip flop flip flop. 4 league games in to the following season is all it took.

as much as I want the chancer out the door and didnt want him in to begin with....there really is some beautiful knee-jerking going on here. I am pretty sure some of the posters in here now posting in fury were probably floating in heaven when we started flashing the cash during the summer and weren't overly tolerant of anybody who was a bit more cautious about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back