Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
flip flop flip flop. 4 league games in to the following season is all it took.

as much as I want the chancer out the door and didnt want him in to begin with....there really is some beautiful knee-jerking going on here. I am pretty sure some of the posters in here now posting in fury were probably floating in heaven when we started flashing the cash during the summer and weren't overly tolerant of anybody who was a bit more cautious about it all.

I don't want him sacked. Just extremely angry. With everyone at the club.

It was better than Martinezs, Martinez took us from 6th to 5th, Koeman took us from 11th to 7th, theres really need to re-write history frandel.
If we're talking full time Everton managers Koeman took us from 13th to 7th.

I can't emphasise this point enough. Martinez left us on 44 points from 37 games and in 13th place and if you like I are pissed about today, don't forget when Leicester had been on the ale all week and had nothing to play for yet still webbed us 3-1.

No matter how bad Koeman is/gets he'll never ever ever ever be as bad as Martinez. Ever.

Mangers always start to make a team do well when the team starts to pick itself.

I've looked into the 2013/14 season mainly because I have nothing better to do, and the team and it's shape hardly changed without injuries. But more importantly, players played in the right positions. Jagielka, Distin, Stones read each others game perfectly that year. As did Barry and McCarthy. As did Coleman and Mirallas. As did Baines, Pieenar, Naismith. As did Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku.

We know how things panned out after that season, but the point remains. Everton have always been best without the misguided fancy tactics but with the intimidating defenders, the engine room midfield, the powerful striker, the tricky wide players. The same goes for our best games under Moyes - players knowing their roles.

It sounds really simplistic but we need to go back to a solid base formation with the right players for the right job. Koeman needs to stop with his attempts to tactically go toe to toe with far superior tacticians. Go back to being hard to beat. Stop changing the formation and team every game. Pick the best players for the right job. Don't compensate to put in all our no10s. Play wingers OUT WIDE. Have a target man in THE TARGET AREAS. For a so called pragmatic manager, he needs to show he is that manager.

It was better than Martinezs, Martinez took us from 6th to 5th, Koeman took us from 11th to 7th, theres really need to re-write history frandel.

i think we both probably watched every minute of the first season of both our ex-manager and our future ex-manager.......and being honest would have to say that, whatever the jump in league positions relative to the previous season, RMs first was much more betterer.

Over the next few games we will see if Koeman would still want to fit Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen in the same team. Is he going to play proper wingers instead of playing static attacking midfielders on the wing? Are we going to see Martina at rb? Will Everton get results in the league after the Man Utd match? We need results.

"He's the hero Goodison deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

article-2513987-0E7299B800000578-125_634x454.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back