Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort your heads out you gang of hysterical unstable over emotional drama loving cretins, we've lost two games and your acting like your lives have been destroyed and your world has fell apart. It's the same people posting the same vitriol Every time we don't look Boss or we're crap cos they dislike Koeman. Some come out the woodwork when the time is right and others are permanently spouting their crap and when he does move on we'll most likely go through the same cycle with the next manager and the next and the next and the next and so on and your cryarsing won't have changed anything but it will show you for what you are... a narcissistic stain on humanity trying to make yourself sound important and failing miserably.

United a week today will be three on the bounce in the league. Something is a miss right now formations, tactics , I don't know I don't know. But we need to wake up

..there were a few times I thought Soton were in real trouble but by the end of the season they were invariably in a similar position to us.

But that wasn't the stated aim for Koeman at Everton. At Southampton, he turned up with half the side in the process of being sold and that there were no real objectives. Here, he's been told 'get into the top 6 in time for the stadium'. He hasn't got wriggle room here for *another* of his 1 win in 13 spells.

And since when did Southampton become our gold standard?

But that wasn't the stated aim for Koeman at Everton. At Southampton, he turned up with half the side in the process of being sold and that there were no real objectives. Here, he's been told 'get into the top 6 in time for the stadium'. He hasn't got wriggle room here for *another* of his 1 win in 13 spells.

And since when did Southampton become our gold standard?

..I'm just pointing out something I have noticed, Matey. I'm not suggesting it's a good thing or acceptable for Everton.

The striker makes a lot of difference in the team right now. Sandro lewen Rooney siggurdson klassen. What they all have in common? They are all effective playing off the striker. Some of the things a striker we need would do

1. Hold the ball up giving us an outlet
2. Allow players mentioned to play off him, get in behind playing off him, just have someone who can bring others into the attack
3. Set piece attacker who isn't a defender
4. Someone to cross it to

Without a cf we have no-one to cross it to yet we insist on crossing it in over and over. We kick it long when defending deep yet as shown vs city the best we have in lewen doing that has to then immediately run for goal because they have no strength yo hold it up.

There are many ways to play sure, but you kinda need a focal point or 3 fast direct attackers. We have neither and the team 8s set up yo play off a striker we don't have.

And it has to work NOW, not wait until January because we won't sign a decent striker in January, world cup year is generally relegation window. If we get lucky and get an out of favour one then fantastic, but we need this attack to click now because if it doesn't we are going to struggle

Thats again brushing aside the way we played/set-up yesterday and the matches previous.

Lets put an imaginary targetman in this team, he would play in Sandro's position.
Would that targetman suddenly dictate that Glyfi is not a left forward thus moving him inside to number 10? If so, then i'd assume Davy would drop to the bench - it doesn't reall alter anything further from that. The midfield would still lack width, the defence would still be bang average, and the front 3 would have no pace, or lopsided pace if Lookman et.al was played.

I'm far from qualified to pluck a random team together and say I know what i'm talking about, but having a targetman works if you have players who can run off him and/or a team that plays higher up the pitch allowing the team to build from the front. We have neither.

And it's always good being Mr Hindsight, but why okay the sale of Lukaku without a replacement? The manager is part of the process, signing, selling, and recruiting players, don't hold up a white flag for him.

Giving Koeman the excuse is rather patronising to someone who is at the top of his profession. If he can't make this team work, and continues to play a style that doesn't suit the team then he'll fall on his own sword -just like Martinez incidentally. On the subject of Martinez, was he ever given the excuse he didn't get the players he wanted? Many a transfer window he named players/positions only for them not to be filled.

At the end of the day, football is a results business, and as in any walk of life if your unwilling to adapt its time to move on. Far from calling for his head before people jump all over that last sentence.

Last edited:

@Neiler Posted on the rs thread that we were unlucky not to beat a Man City team, that destroyed our neighbours yesterday at their place.I think we should reflect on that some more, to provide some balance to the rampant doom and gloom on here!Yesterday was disappointing for sure but there's a long season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back