Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity all the football he serves up is a number two
Just been looking at the squad we really have some very good players experienced and youth, yes we are missing that 'striker' but the performances/results have not been poor due to a lack of chances taken, we are just not creating any due to the fact the whole set up of the team is wrong. I'm just about still on his side, he needs to show something in the next 5 games or I will be following the masses who already want him out.. still a wee bit too soon for me to be calling for his head yet though..

Sort your heads out you gang of hysterical unstable over emotional drama loving cretins, we've lost two games and your acting like your lives have been destroyed and your world has fell apart. It's the same people posting the same vitriol Every time we don't look Boss or we're crap cos they dislike Koeman. Some come out the woodwork when the time is right and others are permanently spouting their crap and when he does move on we'll most likely go through the same cycle with the next manager and the next and the next and the next and so on and your cryarsing won't have changed anything but it will show you for what you are... a narcissistic stain on humanity trying to make yourself sound important and failing miserably.

Get your head out of the sand

Let's all just agree that yesterday was [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed]. Move past it, hope lessons were learned and back our manager 4 league games in eh boys.

I will back him when he starts getting things right, at this moment in time and 3 transfer windows under his belt, he is not getting it right, in fact he is getting it incredibly wrong and looks completely bamboozled about how to manage a team.

He doesn't get a free pass just because he is Ronald Koeman, it's crap and he is accountable for it.

But that wasn't the stated aim for Koeman at Everton. At Southampton, he turned up with half the side in the process of being sold and that there were no real objectives. Here, he's been told 'get into the top 6 in time for the stadium'. He hasn't got wriggle room here for *another* of his 1 win in 13 spells.

And since when did Southampton become our gold standard?

This. One run of horrific form was sort of understandable last season, but we cannot accept a patch each year where 10-12 games are written off as an experiment. Steady progress in terms of results and performances will do for most of us.

We have no discernible style of play other than this snail-paced and lack-lustre going through the motions. Yesterday was embarrassing and utterly unacceptable at all levels.

What worries me is the underlying tolerance for such rubbish and that it hadn't changed with Moshiri in charge. I'm not saying sack RK, but I do wonder what sort of accountability he has to the board and what pressure there is to get things right. We can't just amble on for a few months and get our act together in November or whenever.

This is the essential difference between us and the elite - under-performance and underachievement are not accepted and there are consequences for the manager.

Its the nature of the defeat yesterday that sticks in my throat - dear me when we are bad we are 'kin atrocious in every nightmarish way possible. No organisation, desire, fight, passion. I can take losing with 90 mins of effort and trying to win. It was a pure and utter disgrace from the manager, staff, and players.

I just don't know why people expect us to finish in the top 6. Which one of those sides are we better than? Which one of those sides would take any of our players and have them in the starting 11?

We've obviously spent a lot of money but we've lost our best player and also someone in Barkley who was an important part of the team. Anyone who thought we were going to hit the ground running this season was asking for a hell of a lot IMO.

By all means get rid of Koeman if we must. He's a good manager but nothing special. Very similar to all of our players actually in the fact that none of them would stand out for a top side in the country. When Koeman does eventually go however, you'll all be wanting the next manager gone after a few bad results as well such is the fickle nature of football fans. Anyone wanting top 6 is wanting a minor miracle and I honestly think you're going to be in for a depressing time following us over the next few years.

You are completely missing the point, despite people on here spelling it out numerous times; Most of us can live with the defeats, what we are finding hard is the performances on the pitch and the seemingly complete lack of any sort of game plan in every game so far this season(and quite a few last).

The top 6 is a hard nut too crack but that should not mean we can't have a go, especially at home. Please stop bleating on about peoples unreal expectations, that is not the cause of everyone's ire.

This. One run of horrific form was sort of understandable last season, but we cannot accept a patch each year where 10-12 games are written off as an experiment. Steady progress in terms of results and performances will do for most of us.

We have no discernible style of play other than this snail-paced and lack-lustre going through the motions. Yesterday was embarrassing and utterly unacceptable at all levels.

What worries me is the underlying tolerance for such rubbish and that it hadn't changed with Moshiri in charge. I'm not saying sack RK, but I do wonder what sort of accountability he has to the board and what pressure there is to get things right. We can't just amble on for a few months and get our act together in November or whenever.

This is the essential difference between us and the elite - under-performance and underachievement are not accepted and there are consequences for the manager.

Its the nature of the defeat yesterday that sticks in my throat - dear me when we are bad we are 'kin atrocious in every nightmarish way possible. No organisation, desire, fight, passion. I can take losing with 90 mins of effort and trying to win. It was a pure and utter disgrace from the manager, staff, and players.
I think moshiri is all about the stadium seems happy enough to leave the football side of things to kenwright elstone and walsh .The heat will be well and truly on koeman if results and performances dont improve with home games like sunderland in the cup and bournmouth and burnley at home

Get your head out of the sand

My heads not in the sand, We're a second tier premier league club and we've been beaten by two clubs who're expected to finish above us if we start getting beat by the likes of West brom, stoke or even Leicester in the fashion that we lost those two games i'll start to worry. we're 4 games into a season with 8-9 new players. Get a grip of yourself and at least try to be realistic, it was pure fantasy that we'd be challenging for top 4 this season.

The meltdown from some on here is so typical and predictable. Everyone knew we'd be in for a really difficult start when we saw the fixtures and most rational people excepted that we would struggle at first but all that sensible logic and reason gets thrown out of the window following two defeats against the sides that finished first and second last season.

Completely pethetic reactions, yes we were poor againt both Chelsea and Spurs and we hardly set the world alight against Stoke and Man City but it's only four games for God's sake! Im sorry if those couple of games have destroyed your lives lads but most rational blues aren't quite as melodramatic as you lot and can cope with a bad run without having breakdowns.

Sort your heads out you gang of hysterical unstable over emotional drama loving cretins, we've lost two games and your acting like your lives have been destroyed and your world has fell apart. It's the same people posting the same vitriol Every time we don't look Boss or we're crap cos they dislike Koeman. Some come out the woodwork when the time is right and others are permanently spouting their crap and when he does move on we'll most likely go through the same cycle with the next manager and the next and the next and the next and so on and your cryarsing won't have changed anything but it will show you for what you are... a narcissistic stain on humanity trying to make yourself sound important and failing miserably.

Ironic, don't cha think haha, is this not a forum for people to discuss opinions or have I stumbled upon the wrong website?

@Neiler Posted on the rs thread that we were unlucky not to beat a Man City team, that destroyed our neighbours yesterday at their place.I think we should reflect on that some more, to provide some balance to the rampant doom and gloom on here!Yesterday was disappointing for sure but there's a long season ahead.

What the 10man Man City? We should be beating 10 men full stop.

The meltdown from some on here is so typical and predictable. Everyone knew we'd be in for a really difficult start when we saw the fixtures and most rational people excepted that we would struggle at first but all that sensible logic and reason gets thrown out of the window following two defeats against the sides that finished first and second last season.

Completely pethetic reactions, yes we were poor againt both Chelsea and Spurs and we hardly set the world alight against Stoke and Man City but it's only four games for God's sake! Im sorry if those couple of games have destroyed your lives lads but most rational blues aren't quite as melodramatic as you lot and can cope with a bad run without having breakdowns.

The lack of motivation, effort and desire at home yesterday was worrying for me. You're right, four games in. You would at least think the players would relish a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back