Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel exactly the same mate. I dont think Williams and Bolasie were his signings either but this season there is no hiding from the fact that this is definitely his squad now.
I dont know who has sanctioned the purchase of so many central midfielders (Rooney included) while leaving the experienced No9 slot unfilled. The world and his wife knew that we needed a CF to replace Lukakku and Koeman seemed to put all of his eggs in one basket with Giroud. Why were we not looking at players like Gabriel Barbosa or Marlos Moreno instead of 23 mil for Klassen OR 45 mil for Siggy. I mean why pay a combined fee of 68 mil for the No 10 slot and then bring Rooney in as an afterthought. Sorry Ronald I really thought you were better than that, but here we are into your second season and its looking decidedly Martinezesque. We deserve better than that.
The only saving grace is that the really poor performances have come against the teams that will be challenging for the title, if they were against WBA Swansea etc then my thoughts maybe different.. but then we have invested a lot of money to get closer to Spurs Chelsea etc and based on the last two games we seem further away than last season... that's down to Koeman no one else!

Indeed.

But that could be a cut and paste from after the Chelsea game.

And depressingly, it will most probably be a very apt post to cut and paste after OT next Sunday :(

But let's all just accept having our asses kicked by the big teams and quietly move on, eh boys.

If it persists then obviously it'll need addressing, just giving us a chance to at least get out of the first 10 games

Yes that's right let's give him a new 5 year contract.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with giving managers time at Everton - must be some kind of holdover from the moyes era.

The manager's job should be under pressure Kev, there's no doubt about it.

For me he did what we needed last term, got us back into Europe. Now I think he gets more than 10 games to see if we can kick on.

Yip.

When a person is addressing you, disregard all you hear or read before the person inserts the word "but".

Same when someone says "no offence"......what they are really saying is "I am going to say sommat which I think might offend you but I don't care.....I am saying it anyway".

And that example also contains the word "but" lol

Very true that.I had something just like that with an old boss of mine.I don't mean to offend you but.By the time the sentence was finished, i said to myself, that's the thing mate you just have offended me.lol

That said there are clear issues to address:

Lack of width and pace, need to bring at least one of Mirallas, Lennon and/or Vlasic into the team.

Right back, I'm hoping Martina won't always be that [Poor language removed] but if it persists then Holgate or Kenny has to be given a chance.

CMs, just don't play 58 of them each game.

Strikers, until Sandro gets a bit more comfortable with the league then DCL has to start up top.

Tempo, raise the freaking tempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back