Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is elements in our own fanbase sabotaging the progress of Everton FC.

Progress does not run in a straight line and as soon as there's any setbacks they are out with their knives to envelope the club in doom and doubt. This is projected onto the club and magnified now more by social media.

Their disgusting appetite is only sated by the sacking of our manager as they have watched too much The Apprentice from their box room and think they know business more than Moshiri, signings more than Walsh and tactics more than Koeman.

These fans are our biggest glass ceiling and must be squashed.

Stand up. Join us.

Preach brother Chico

Would any manager be able to come in and make this group of players gel? Time is needed and to get past this utterly terrible run of difficult games. This will not continue for that long.

Don't think anyone is questioning that we've had a difficult run of games, what is being questioned is how crap and negative we've been in those games. Apart from the first half against Man City, we have been piss poor.

The other thing is, if we can't gauge this team against the better teams, then we can hardly gauge them against the lesser teams.

Last edited:

There is elements in our own fanbase sabotaging the progress of Everton FC.

Progress does not run in a straight line and as soon as there's any setbacks they are out with their knives to envelope the club in doom and doubt. This is projected onto the club and magnified now more by social media.

Their disgusting appetite is only sated by the sacking of our manager as they have watched too much The Apprentice from their box room and think they know business more than Moshiri, signings more than Walsh and tactics more than Koeman.

These fans are our biggest glass ceiling and must be squashed.

Stand up. Join us.
"are" :coffee:

If he wants to play 4-3-3, he needs to do it with three forwards, sacrificing one of the playmakers.

If he goes 4-2-3-1, at least one of the players behind the striker (which at this time has to be DCL) must be a winger.

Kenny given a go at right-back (I think this will happen vs your mob next week) will also help.

Similarly, in 4-3-3, one of the forwards needs to be a winger with pace. Be that Mirallas, Lookman, Lennon, Vlasic. Options are there, it's on the manager to recognise it and give other players a chance now.

I personally would go:

Pickford
Holgate----Keane---Jags----Baines
Schneiderlin
Gueye----Sigurdsson
Any actual winger---------------Rooney
DCL​

Not in the slightest bit too soon to be calling for Koeman's head, because while he may well be able to re-steady the ship, there isn't a hope in hell of him getting us to trouble the top 4/6, no matter how long he's here. So why delay the inevitable? Is he ever going to be a manager we're desperate to keep? No? So why bother? There's plenty better out there if you're willing to look beyond the myopic 'proven winners'.
This is where I'm at with him. I had reservations before he was appointed but seeing him close up I just don't think he's up to the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back