Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the few times he has been in the doghouse for me. I could understand this lineup if we had a fully fit Coleman and a "not past his prime" Baines, but we literally have nothing to relieve the pressure and nobody to hold the ball up. Our players are so slow they can't help but get caught with the ball at their feet.... especially as nobody is open.

You do get the sense and I am sure the players are also aware that the first real test of the manager,s reign is about to be triggered.

Hopefully we come out the other side with a much clearer sense of purpose which translates into a simplified approach to team selection and tactics.

You do get the sense and I am sure the players are also aware that the first real test of the manager,s reign is about to be triggered.

Hopefully we come out the other side with a much clearer sense of purpose which translates into a simplified approach to team selection and tactics.

More than when we won 1 game in 13?

Give over Crabbs.

I can't blame the players until Koeman puts out an actual lineup. If you HAVE to play Rooney, at least make him the lone slowpoke in the attack. Give him players that can run and play to his strengths.

No, what's amazing is people still confusing people believing we shouldn't be getting absolutely webbed all over the place at home with 'expecting us to be flying.'

The games haven't been easy, we get it. Doesn't excuse us looking like we've never met each other before in my humble opinion.
Absolutely this ^, having 4 points at this stage after those fixtures is about where I thought we would be. What is really troubling is the performances that have got us to this point, the only times I think we have played OK is the first half against Split at home and, to a lesser degree, the first half against Citeh. Other than those occasions we have looked terrible. Losing to Chelsea and Spurs is not an unexpected result, but rolling over for them is way below expectations and if we fail to get results against Bournemouth and Burnley then we really will have something to worry about.

What do you think he needs to change ? Does playing 2 ball winning type CMs actually work that well? Maybe he needs to put Klaassen or someone else in CM alongside Schneiderlin or Gana

If he wants to play 4-3-3, he needs to do it with three forwards, sacrificing one of the playmakers.

If he goes 4-2-3-1, at least one of the players behind the striker (which at this time has to be DCL) must be a winger.

Kenny given a go at right-back (I think this will happen vs your mob next week) will also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back