Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate has impressed more at RB than CB though if we're being honest

Smacks of "square peg, round hole" to try and force him back into the middle now

Keeping one of Jags/Williams in the middle means you have a good mix of the experience between Jags/Williams/Baines and the youth of Holgate/Kenny/Keane

Pick two from each of those categories IMO
The stick used to beat Holgate was always...He's a CB playing FB, what do you expect = Sq peg/round hole...you can't change that plea now.
The Future is Kenny/Colman(if fit) Holgate, Keane Baines(for now)
Except for the few games shoe horned in at FB Holgate has been amassing CB theory and practice into his muscle memory for 10 yrs. Williams and Jagielka have experience true...but once the legs can't cash the cheques the brain writes it's all over.

He is going nowhere unless an absolute disaster happens, judging by the way we are playing it's not out of the question. Apart from Cuco I was happy with all the signings. The question begs how long should we persevere without Koeman facing serious questions. Do we give him a few games after the winter window to get the striker he want in? Even with a new striker, struggling to see what formation he will play.

A good cup run, any of them, is maybe the best we can hope for this season but what happens in the latter stages when the likes of Spurs and Chelsea are more than likely the type of opponents we will face; Who would have any confidence of winning those matches? It's a strange start to a season that promised so much.

Everton is the only team that started 7 new players this week. Including the entire front 4. Did anyone else's start that many new players and their entire attacking team lining up for the first time in a game? Against a team many think has the top 11 in the whole league.

Pickford
Keane
Martina
Klaassen
Siggy
Rooney
Sandro

I am not saying to be happy with how we played. I am asking for some perspective!
I have perspective.

I don't want the manager sacked, I'm not saying we should have 12 points, I don't think we should be playing like 1970 Brazil. I simply think we should be doing considerably better than we currently are, and some of the excuses being put forward as to why we're not are excruciating.

Noticed how he always has his press conf at 2pm? cos he has such a busy morning

- 11am wake up, oooh schleeepy
- 11.30am big dutch breakfast, hmm yummy
- 11.30 till 13.45 shout at ross

He eats his big breakfast in one second, or does he shout at Ross while eating it?

Probably the latter the bad tables manners gremlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back