Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Gueye, Lookman and the Henry chap on loan were possibly the type Walsh and the scouting network pickup but the established players must have been more Koemans buys. I would love to know what players they have disagreed on, and what power each has. I would imagine Koeman can veto Walsh's advice on a signing but not vice Versa.

As you did the younger players and the likes of Sandro are Walsh type signings.
Klassen Rooney Keane Pickford Siggy were Koemans signings as well as the obvious CuCu and Steks

I've said it before but how on earth can anyone come to the conclusion that Koeman isn't involved in transfers?

Surely nobody thinks Steve Walsh brought in Martina and Stekelenburg? So if we assume that they were brought in by Koeman, on what basis do we assume that none of the others were? It literally makes no sense.

I agree there's a grey area there

Martina and Stek were/are stopgap signings that were clearly instigated by Koeman

Perhaps for those inexpensive stopgaps Koeman has more leeway, I don't know

If Koeman is in charge of transfers more generally than that (which he and Walsh would say he isn't), what is the point of a DoF?

As you did the younger players and the likes of Sandro are Walsh type signings.
Klassen Rooney Keane Pickford Siggy were Koemans signings as well as the obvious CuCu and Steks

Keane was at Leicester and has said Walsh was instrumental in the deal to come here

Sigurdsson was a Leicester target while Walsh was there

Martina and Stek were/are stopgap signings that were clearly instigated by Koeman

If Koeman is in charge of transfers more generally than that (which he and Walsh would say he isn't), what is the point of a DoF?
I don't think he's 'in charge' as such, I just don't think he's uninvolved either. It seems to me like there's a fairly informal set up, with no clear hierarchy or structure. I might be miles out but that's just how it comes across to me, as if sometimes Koeman chooses a player, sometimes Walsh does. If true, that would go some way to explaining how we've ended up stockpiling in some areas and short in others.

...everything is Koeman's fault as far as you are concerned, Joey. You told me this week it's his fault Barkley is leaving and it's his fault we haven't got £50m for the player. Saying that, I seem to recall a little while ago you said it was local gangsters fault that Barkley wanted to leave. A bit confusing.
I am discussing Rk all round ability, hes replaced Ross with the Sig - but not his leading goalscorer????
also martina I warned posters about not needing Southampton 3rd choice right back - check that out on what I posted before he came - I put videos up of his abysmal right back play - RK was Moshris appointment at great cost - we could of had a proven prem winner in Pellegrini who resided in the area on a free - he was my first choice !....

I am discussing Rk all round ability, hes replaced Ross with the Sig - but not his leading goalscorer????
also martina I warned posters about not needing Southampton 3rd choice right back - check that out on what I posted before he came - I put videos up of his abysmal right back play - RK was Moshris appointment at great cost - we could of had a proven prem winner in Pellegrini who resided in the area on a free - he was my first choice !....

..I don't know if RK will be a success or not but I do know it's too early to write him off. A manager has to do his own thing, lots of us were underwhelmed with the Martina acquisition but that wasn't being particularly clever. He wouldn't have been my choice but the best managers are single minded.

If RK fails he'll be turfed out but it's wrong to blame him or Moshiri for everything you don't like in the club.

I get the impression - nothing more than that - that Walsh is looking for talent for the future and is the prime mover behind the deals for the lads from QPR , Fulham and Newcastle whereas Koeman identifies , perhaps in tandem with Walsh, the players that he wants for the first team.

..I don't know if RK will be a success or not but I do know it's too early to write him off. A manager has to do his own thing, lots of us were underwhelmed with the Martina acquisition but that wasn't being particularly clever. He wouldn't have been my choice but the best managers are single minded.

If RK fails he'll be turfed out but it's wrong to blame him or Moshiri for everything you don't like in the club.
theirs 6 million reasons he should have got the right players in -its early days lets see how he adapt playing 3 no 10s and two defensive midfielders ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back