Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'm reminded of the boo boys on Howard Kendall's case in his early days before things clicked and we know what happened then. I'm not for one minute suggesting Koeman's fate is the same, but it's worth remembering that it takes time to find the right blend and build a team.

Let's not forget, he's really only had one window to bring players in and I actually think the players he's acquired are generally a good bunch. I remember the 7 Kendall bought in his first window. I'm not particularly defending Koeman, but it really is too early to write him off.
I believe your comparison is flawed as there's one massive difference. Howard Kendall was a very young and inexperienced manager. Koeman is a very experienced older manager. As a young manager it can take time to learn how to build and blend a team. Moyes, whilst nowhere as good as Kendall is another example of this. Given his past problems/failures, and the complete hash he's made of squad building so far I have little reason to believe he'll turn us into a success.

Stones had made his mind up to go and probably his destination before Bobby was sacked
Geri has been dropped by too many different managers for it to be a coincidence.
Do you honestly believe that Geri good enough to play alongside Messi and Suarez

he is at the moment

I've said it before but how on earth can anyone come to the conclusion that Koeman isn't involved in transfers?

Surely nobody thinks Steve Walsh brought in Martina and Stekelenburg? So if we assume that they were brought in by Koeman, on what basis do we assume that none of the others were? It literally makes no sense.
He certainly seems to have a much bigger role in transfers than when he was at Southampton.

I believe your comparison is flawed as there's one massive difference. Howard Kendall was a very young and inexperienced manager. Koeman is a very experienced older manager. As a young manager it can take time to learn how to build and blend a team. Moyes, whilst nowhere as good as Kendall is another example of this. Given his past problems/failures, and the complete hash he's made of squad building so far I have little reason to believe he'll turn us into a success.

..I'm not comparing exactly but you are right. SAF won a European trophy at Aberdeen as well as the Championship before United came calling but he too took them backwards and was on the verge of the sack before things fell into place.

By the way, I'm not defending Koeman. I think we're dreadful to watch but I think he should be given time.

You think Spurs aren't that good? Mate, c'mon.

No mate I think they are a decent side, nowt special hence why they have won nothing and likely won't do either, they will get bummed in Europe for starters.

They also against us didn't actually play that well, they didn't need too which is worrying.

How many points did people expect us to have after 4 games. I can safely say 4 was the general opinion by most including me.

So why all the bedwetting

A lot of our fans are turning Into deluded Kopites.We are the 7th best team in the land and we hope to go far in cups and Europe, sooner we all come to terms with it, the better.

That would all be fine and dandy had the performances be even half decent. They haven't, they've been brutal. Pre season was dire, europa has been dire, premiership has been dire. We can't even hang on to any type of moral victory from the last couple of games.

Absolutely no question that he should be given more time but I'd just like to see exactly what his plan is for the team. At the minute our formation looks like meat and two veg....

..I'm not comparing exactly but you are right. SAF won a European trophy at Aberdeen as well as the Championship before United came calling but he too took them backwards and was on the verge of the sack before things fell into place.

By the way, I'm not defending Koeman. I think we're dreadful to watch but I think he should be given time.

Different day and age though mate, can't think of many managers in the last 15 years or more recent that have a similar tale to tell.

Is that a bad thing, maybe so, but it's a different game these days and the cost of persevering is far too high now if it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back