Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your more confident than me mate, had huge doubt initially, and tbf he won me over on most of those, whilst at the same time not exactly exciting me with the style or system, but this summer and this season so far it looks like a potential train wreck - no apparent plan, no apparent system that fits the player we just spunked 150m on, utterly confusing...
Your initial reservation were correct imo. Last season he did no more than you'd expect from a decent manager. His transfer spending this summer has been really poor as has his team building and what we are seeing to date reflects that. I think he's average and that's about it. He's not good enough and the only question for me is when we'll pull the trigger.

I agree.... for now. But if things don't improve then I think we need to look at other options. David Wagner springs to mind. Could you imagine a Wagner klopp derby. We might actually win one for once
David Wagner...taking Huddersfield down this season....get real....Klopp inferior.

Your more confident than me mate, had huge doubt initially, and tbf he won me over on most of those, whilst at the same time not exactly exciting me with the style or system, but this summer and this season so far it looks like a potential train wreck - no apparent plan, no apparent system that fits the player we just spunked 150m on, utterly confusing...

What surprises me with Koeman, is he hasn't used the opportunity this summer to rebuild a side in his own image.

We started very brightly against Spurs last season, though lacked fitness to do it for 90 minutes. Most could accept that. We moved from that style to accommodate Lukaku. Again having had a manager who had put style of substance (and winning) most of us warmed to that. However on Lukaku leaving I'd hoped we'd revert back to his plan A, especially as no target man was bought in. Currently though we look like a side still looking to play to Lukaku's strengths without Lukaku.

Koeman will understandably say he hasn't been given the tools (which is true). However the decision to pursue another number 10 in Sigursson rather than going to get, say Chris Wood and Ben Gibson for the same money has left us very light in key areas.

What surprises me with Koeman, is he hasn't used the opportunity this summer to rebuild a side in his own image.

We started very brightly against Spurs last season, though lacked fitness to do it for 90 minutes. Most could accept that. We moved from that style to accommodate Lukaku. Again having had a manager who had put style of substance (and winning) most of us warmed to that. However on Lukaku leaving I'd hoped we'd revert back to his plan A, especially as no target man was bought in. Currently though we look like a side still looking to play to Lukaku's strengths without Lukaku.

Koeman hasn't got the tools (which is true). However the decision to pursue another number 10 in Sigursson rather than going to get, say Chris Wood and Ben Gibson for the same money has left us very light in key areas.
Fixed that for you. Bottom line on this we'd have done better if Walsh (like Les Reed) was fully in charge of transfers and Koeman was just coaching.

Your initial reservation were correct imo. Last season he did no more than you'd expect from a decent manager. His transfer spending this summer has been really poor as has his team building and what we are seeing to date reflects that. I think he's average and that's about it. He's not good enough and the only question for me is when we'll pull the trigger.

lollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back