Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I'm not comparing exactly but you are right. SAF won a European trophy at Aberdeen as well as the Championship before United came calling but he too took them backwards and was on the verge of the sack before things fell into place.

By the way, I'm not defending Koeman. I think we're dreadful to watch but I think he should be given time.

I just don't want us to turn into one of those clubs that sack the manager every year!
We normally give the manager a go before sacking him but, the money spent and new ownership doesn't augur well for RK.
I think you're right though, in that he might have to stumble on a winning formula, because he seems a bit stubborn to see what's in front of him.

I just don't want us to turn into one of those clubs that sack the manager every year!
We normally give the manager a go before sacking him but, the money spent and new ownership doesn't augur well for RK.
I think you're right though, in that he might have to stumble on a winning formula, because he seems a bit stubborn to see what's in front of him.
Ferguson at United finished 11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th and 2nd before he won the league in 92 but he did win a League cup and an FA cup after 3 seasons. Different game now though and time isn't afforded especially after you've spent near 150m... Hope he gets it right but we're playing crap footie at the mo, even when we win!

Ferguson at United finished 11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th and 2nd before he won the league in 92 but he did win a League cup and an FA cup after 3 seasons. Different game now though and time isn't afforded especially after you've spent near 150m... Hope he gets it right but we're playing crap footie at the mo, even when we win!
He hasn't spent anything. He just asks for players .......and the club hasn't spent £150m either..Lukaku money and others !

We Ihave had a poor start but Everton have a history of shocking starts going a long way back but then had a decent season, some people really need to chill.
Besides Koeman has bought himself some time by how well he did to turn around the mess he was left. Some people might not like his personality, which is fine, but it's only the results which matter. And while they have been bad, with so many new players and such a hard fixture list it was always going to be that way.
Let's wait and see see what happeneds when we have a easier month

Last edited:
I can see us in the bottom 3 for goals scored at Christmas.
If the defense doesn't hold up, we are in real trouble.
Absolute farce really.
I think this is the problem. Williams is forcing us to play deep which is a catastrophe for such a slow lineup. The only way I can see the slow poke lineup working is if we signed a speed demon center half that allows us to press and avoid being beaten on the counter. Jags used to be that guy, but he is getting up there in age. Our failure to sign a striker will destroy us if DCL doesn't step up to the plate.

Stubbsy or Unsy.
Only one of those is in with the faintest shout and it ain't Stubbs

Is History repeating it's self? This from Sid Lowe.

...Trouble is, (Valencia's) Cup win has only revealed the depth of the division, making the warring parties even more entrenched. From Koeman's point of view, winning the Cup showed he could succeed if only the players could be bothered more often; from everyone else's point of view, it showed that Valencia could succeed if only he'd leave, some players slyly letting it be known that they'd ditched Koeman's tactics and done it their way. Joaquín admitted that Koeman's 4-3-3 has the players "running round with headless chickens".

Nor is it just the tactics. Koeman lost much of a divided dressing room when he lacked the personality to stand up to Juan Soler's demands to sack the Valencia Three, ending up in court and with Vicente, Silva and Villa looking for a way to leave. He lost Joaquín when he dropped him from the squad for arriving two minutes late to a team-talk, even though he had included Ever Banega, who'd been picked up by the police for drink-driving, prompting the winger to snipe: "Maybe next time I'll get pissed and run a red light instead." And he lost Iván Helguera and more when he publicly berated the players for not being good enough, prompting Helguera to bemoan a "lack of respect". "I don't know if I have the squad behind me," shrugged Koeman, "but I reckon four or five of them are on my side."

edit; hope history does repeat it's self with the cup win bit

We are being set up overly defensive on purpose in the hope of gaining a couple extra points when we are not expecting to realistically get anything.

If koeman continues this overly defensive approach against Bournemouth and the like then I will start to question him.
start getting your questions together.

Been saying buy Josh King since July

Last edited:
He hasn't spent anything. He just asks for players .......and the club hasn't spent £150m either..Lukaku money and others !
Well that's just being pedantic mate, near 150m was spent on the team Ronald manages don't think it really matters who's money it is or who's negotiating the deals regarding the point I'm making, he got the players he asked for bar the CB and CF. We have a net spend of 45m and regardless of sales there was still close to 150m invested into the current squad, so regardless of the expected CB & CF that didn't arrive, I'd imagine results will be expected and soon, I don't think he'll be afforded the time and patience that the likes of Ferguson had back in the day.

Yeah, let's take the best manager of all time and how he made it work. What about the hundreds and thousands of other managers that never turned in to Alex Ferguson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back