Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What surprises me with Koeman, is he hasn't used the opportunity this summer to rebuild a side in his own image.

We started very brightly against Spurs last season, though lacked fitness to do it for 90 minutes. Most could accept that. We moved from that style to accommodate Lukaku. Again having had a manager who had put style of substance (and winning) most of us warmed to that. However on Lukaku leaving I'd hoped we'd revert back to his plan A, especially as no target man was bought in. Currently though we look like a side still looking to play to Lukaku's strengths without Lukaku.

Koeman will understandably say he hasn't been given the tools (which is true). However the decision to pursue another number 10 in Sigursson rather than going to get, say Chris Wood and Ben Gibson for the same money has left us very light in key areas.

Agree besides for the fact that Woods is absolute dog-turd and Gibson wouldn't solve any problem mate.

Sigurdsson was 100% a needed player, he is brilliant,, but only if you surround him with players who benefit from him, and in addition you dont also bring inn two players in Klassen and Rooney who also play that same position as their best spot, we pay 45m for a top central attacking mid and then shoehorn him into the side for another, then its bonkers frankly

Your initial reservation were correct imo. Last season he did no more than you'd expect from a decent manager. His transfer spending this summer has been really poor as has his team building and what we are seeing to date reflects that. I think he's average and that's about it. He's not good enough and the only question for me is when we'll pull the trigger.
lollollol
Ronny has just lashed a load of players together with no real plan, its madness unlike anything ive ever seen.

If we are going to repeat a trip to Europe, he has to make the right decisions. That starts with playing players where they are comfortable and using viable lineups. Sandro is perfectly capable of playing out on the wings, so he can take up that Mirallas spot. That leaves the other side open for Vlasic, Lennon or Lookman. Simple changes can lead to a balanced team that can challenge on the counter. If Leicester can do it, there is no reason we can't. I'm confident that DCL can at least hold us over till January for that striker we need.

If we are going to repeat a trip to Europe, he has to make the right decisions. That starts with playing players where they are comfortable and using viable lineups. Sandro is perfectly capable of playing out on the wings, so he can take up that Mirallas spot. That leaves the other side open for Vlasic, Lennon or Lookman. Simple changes can lead to a balanced team that can challenge on the counter. If Leicester can do it, there is no reason we can't. I'm confident that DCL can at least hold us over till January for that striker we need.
Who is going to score the goals?

We haven't won away from home since January. The team is worse off than when he took over despite spending a wedge.

Just concentrate on those two facts for a moment. The first one is unacceptable and the only reason it hasn't been previously flagged was due to the home form. Our home form was down to Lukaku and Barkley who are no longer available.

The second point again is unacceptable. How do you weaken a team despite spending huge sums of money?

I don't see the away form improving and I certainly don't see the home form being anything like last season.

Koeman will, and is, taking us backwards.

It's now only a matter of time before he is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back