Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha it was nothing important, just all official like where you hear everton quickly deleted that tweet.

Was esk saying he didn't think mccarthy or cleverley will get much game time this season.

Well its unlikely they will, seems as tho Davies is above The Clev already and McCarthy is surely only back up to Gana and Gaz.

It depends on injury and suspension tho.

It was a tweet I made in June, then thought better of re-posting it, but here it is:

if this were true and as @MoutsGoat says just depending on injuries and stuff.

Would it not make the moshiri Jim white thing even more odd talking about him as part of the family if Koeman had dropped him from the first team anyway?

I do think a bit of diplomacy is essential at times, and Koeman's comments last week regarding being happy with the window probably were of that nature but I too very much admire his straight talking.

There is a school of thought that you can't upset modern day prima-donna millionaire footballers, but overall, clarity and honesty are good for people both individually and in teams.

Having not paid a huge amount of attention to Koeman previously, I'm sure that this is just how he is as a person / combined with the more natural directness and openness I find from Dutch people generally.

Such honesty can be a bit surprising to hear at times as we are not used to it culturally but after 11 years of Moyes doing us down and 3 more of Martinez making out all was sweetness and light having our manager tell it as it is is very refreshing. I both look forward to and enjoy listening to him.

Interesting conference from RK. Honest as ever. Said Champions League is not realistic but repeated that we can challenge for Europe.
Gibson is injured. He better get accostomed to providing that particular update. Whoever decided to waste 2 years wages on a player who spends most of the season in recovery should be hung from the new scaffolding.

Interesting conference from RK. Honest as ever. Said Champions League is not realistic but repeated that we can challenge for Europe.
Gibson is injured. He better get accostomed to providing that particular update. Whoever decided to waste 2 years wages on a player who spends most of the season in recovery should be hung from the new scaffolding.

downplaying expectations a bit imo, because champions league is definitely a realistic aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back