Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...to-drop-any-player-Premier-League-News-Gossip

Everton boss Ronald Koeman: I'm not afraid to drop any player
RONALD KOEMAN has warned he is not swayed by reputations and will axe any Everton player he believes dips below the required standard.
By EXPRESS SPORT
PUBLISHED: 22:30, Thu, Sep 15, 2016

Koeman-711133.jpg
GETTY

Ronald Koeman insists he is not afraid of dropping the likes of Romelu Lukaku and Gareth Barry
The Everton manager spoke out as he admitted Ross Barkley was in a "difficult moment" after being substituted at half-time of Monday's win over Sunderland to compound his recent demotion by England.

Everton have made their best start to a season for a decade and remain unbeaten under Koeman, who insisted his hardline approach would extend to others in his squad if their performances fall short.

"It is not I can't change Lukaku, I can't change Barry or I can't change Barkley," said Koeman.

"If a player is not at his level and as coach you think, 'I need to do something, I need to change something', then I will change. It is not about the name on his shirt."

His Facebook is funny, every post still brings out the Saints fans, so small time, cant wait to play them!! I could understand if he did what Moyes did to us after going to United.

I'm reserving judgement until we have played anyone of note.

You're quite right. The only team we've played is Spurs and we got away with that in the second half. The three teams we have beaten will all be in the bottom five by next May

Disagree with the sentiment, we as Evertonians have been put through two atrocious seasons, we also may get a run of 4-5 tough fixtures only picking up a couple of points, what I'm saying is enjoy it when it's going good, worry about it when it's worth worrying about.

Over the GOT years there have been numerous threads on 'next 7 fixtures' looking at games, that on paper look a good chance to pick up points and we've often ballsed it up, when this time, thus far we haven't, so I say just enjoy it and worry about the down times when and more importantly if they come.

Changes are evident. He's addressed key positions, fitness and discipline which were lacking the last few seasons. He makes decisions during the games that have a positive effect on results. You can't just reserve judgement until we've played someone of note. Koeman is an excellent manager, hopefully he sticks around and builds the team the way he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back