Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to games in the 90s, watching Everton get beat is not new to me, but we stopped competing, I cant watch that.
You're bang on mate. It wasn't the losing per se, it was the abject surrender-dog defeatism I was seeing that switched me off.

Apparently, some on here still rate El Fraudo... but I (voluntarily) can't see their incessant posting drivel.

aye khal...a lot here have forgotten how beautiful Martinez's first season made everyone feel. And even during a spell last season many were thinking we were playing our best football since the 80's (along with all that "best side since the 80's" nonsense).

before that era we had Moyes's early years getting us all giddy with his pronouncements of wanting us to challenge for the title, only for later him to settle on his 'knife to a gun fight' philosophy.

Was it Kendall or Fergie who said football is a fickle mistress?

after all that, i'm just gonna enjoy Everton on a game-by-game basis...

trying to curtail crystal-ball expectation :cheers:

I mean, that is a very good article and all but I can't shake the feeling that we have been here before, in the recent past.

Back in the fall and early winter of '13, articles lauding the Martinez revoloution at Everton proliferated.

I will be very happy if articles like that are being written come May when EFC have grabbed a piece of silverware and are in the CL places.

Then I really feel the "revoloution" has arrived......televised live on Sky Sports TV .;)

Even during Martinez' first season there were games in which he showed astonishing tactical naivity, like the RS away. The second season was boring and dull. I expected the third one impatiently, as I honestly believed that Martinez had drawn his conclusions and would be able to get us back where we belong. We all know how it ended in agony. It was the third season that really showed Martinez' drawbacks as a manager - stubbornness, lack of adaptability, lack of game plans, conformable to the opponent, favouring players regardless of their form, lack o discipline in the team, etc.
Whereas I agree that it is too early to sing praises for Koeman, it is evident that he is a different level. We now have all these - adaptability, game plan, discipline. So, my expectations are really high.

I'll be totally honest - when we appointed Him, I had my doubts. One of the things I look for in a manager tho is discipline, players need to fear him, I think it's clear they do. Thus far his decision making has been spot on. From changing things around first half v West Brom to taking off Ross last game at ht, he's definitely not afraid to make tough decisions when he feels we need to change our approach or when he feels players (regardless of hype) are not performing.

For that I applaud you Mr K! Keep it going and if there's any players you feel would benefit from the back of your hand - you have my full support!

Some of our players had become complacent. Some needed a wake up call.

Oh and our performances haven't been that bad have they?? Clean sheets, goal scoring, right now, I'm feeling optimistic.

Managers appointment could well turn out to be our most significant signing in recent years!

Thanks Ronald, keep it going lad!

Would be surprised if Arsenal would be prepared to cough up the required compensation package to take him off us. We are also his 9th club in 16 years of management so I think he is due a more extended stay at a club. I think as along as we match his ambition he will stick around for 3 seasons

I understand that but I also think our first 11 rivals anyones. I just think our squad is lacking.
Totally agree.

We need at least one striker, a play maker and a box to box midfielder at the very least. And a world class keeper.

First team is very good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back