Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he'll play 4-3-3 myself, with this:

Pickford

Martina/Holgate
Keane
Jagielka (personally I would have him in over Williams purely because he is quicker and B'Mouth have some pace up top)
Baines

Gueye
Schneiderlin
Davies

Rooney
Sigurdsson

DCL

I'd actually not mind that but would rather it be Gylfi in the midfield 3, with Davies pushing on almost as an auxiliary forward as he did against United.

Get him running 'in behind', Rooney dropping off and DCL as our focal point. Gylfi to be the 'playmaker' from a deep position.

That team has lots of energy in it and players who are a) confident (DCL, Davies) and b) can move the ball sharply and quickly.

Really hope that is not the side he puts out as it is basically the same that has not been working.

There is absolutely zero pace in that side and if we play Gana and Schneids together it weakens the attacking options considerably as they can effectively both do the same job.

No matter which formation we pick, or which players we crow bar in, it looks either looks unbalanced or a bit of a gamble with too many kids in.

Vlasic/Lookman----Gana----Davies----Gylfi
--------------Rooney--------------
----------------DCL----------------

is about the best I can come up with

"You start giving certain players an excuse".
That quote from Ronnie Goodlass, for me, is the key line in the McNulty piece. We have too many players, and have had for far too long, who react to conceding a goal with a look of resignation rather than anger and finger-pointing. Or who respond to a misplaced pass with applause for the idea rather than anger that it wasn't hit properly. Koeman's job is to raise the demands on the players, to raise their standards and expectations. He's maybe right to think about being realistic, but he's not right to say it, and he's certainly not right to say we should expect the same as last season. Keep your tempered expectations to yourself. In public and with the players, demand more, and select those who demand more of themselves. That way, we may achieve more.

This will always be the case though until the manager gets it right on the field tactically, and buys right.

Spurs got close to the top side's who outspent them by getting in a very good manager, buying right. Their big £100mill splurge only paid off with 1 player - Eriksen for £13mill. Poch came in, add Ali (£6mill) and Kane (academy) into that, they're flying high.

That's the bottom line when it comes down to it regardless of funds. Good management.
Unfortunately that's something we haven't got. Koeman is basically Moyes without his ability in the transfer market and worse man management.

Think he'll play 4-3-3 myself, with this:

Pickford

Martina/Holgate
Keane
Jagielka (personally I would have him in over Williams purely because he is quicker and B'Mouth have some pace up top)
Baines

Gueye
Schneiderlin
Davies

Rooney
Sigurdsson

DCL

I'd actually not mind that but would rather it be Gylfi in the midfield 3, with Davies pushing on almost as an auxiliary forward as he did against United.

Get him running 'in behind', Rooney dropping off and DCL as our focal point. Gylfi to be the 'playmaker' from a deep position.

That team has lots of energy in it and players who are a) confident (DCL, Davies) and b) can move the ball sharply and quickly.
id leave Schneiderlin out n drop Sig back and include Vlasic to give us some width. Agree re Jags and don't want to see martina near the team

Really hope that is not the side he puts out as it is basically the same that has not been working.

There is absolutely zero pace in that side and if we play Gana and Schneids together it weakens the attacking options considerably as they can effectively both do the same job.

No matter which formation we pick, or which players we crow bar in, it looks either looks unbalanced or a bit of a gamble with too many kids in.

Vlasic/Lookman----Gana----Davies----Gylfi
--------------Rooney--------------
----------------DCL----------------

is about the best I can come up with

That probably works.

I'd go similar but 4-2-3-1

Gana Davies
Vlasic Gylfi Rooney
DCL

Rooney and Gylfi are gonna play, and I don't see the point in playing Rooney up front at this point or Gylfi out of position. That's about as balanced a team as we're likely to see. Fully expect Schneiderlin in for Davies though, and maybe no actual width once again.

That probably works.

I'd go similar but 4-2-3-1

Gana Davies
Vlasic Gylfi Rooney
DCL

Rooney and Gylfi are gonna play, and I don't see the point in playing Rooney up front at this point or Gylfi out of position. That's about as balanced a team as we're likely to see. Fully expect Schneiderlin in for Davies though, and maybe no actual width once again.

That's just basically Atalanta away with DCL isolated and no one Everton player within 50 yards of him, with Sigurdsson and Rooney getting in each other's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back