Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the point is you won't win every game playing like we did today. More often than not you will get beat if you select the wrong team and adopt the wrong tactics for three quarters of the game. We got away with it today because Bournemouth are a very poor side who I think will be involved in a relegation battle unless they get some good players into the side in January.

Surely the point is we won today?

He deserves no credit whatsoever for that today. Set up horrendously once again with no width, pace or energy. Got lucky with Davies popping up with a through ball from a central position when he'd shoved him out on the right, and a player who, if he had his way would not be at the club, scoring twice. Either way, he won't learn a thing and we'll be starting with 3 number 10s and an isolated centre forward again next week. Shocking management.
100% those three number 10's shouldn't ever be on the pitch at the same time again.

Koeman is understandably getting a lot of stick for losing faith in Oumar and packing him off to East Yorkshire last season, but we fans hardly stood by the lad through thick and thin.

I'm just delighted that all his hard work is finally paying off.
It's difficult for us to judge because we haven't seen a lot of him. I thought after watching the U23 game against Spurs that his touch and control had improved dramatically. Similarly when he played against Sunderland I thought the same. The manager is seeing him regularly and should have been able to judge him properly.

If it's about winning then what's the point watching the game if the end result is the only thing you care about ?

Because if we win it means we’ve scored goals.

I like Everton scoring.

How can Football not be about winning?
It’s this sort of attitude that makes Everton too nice.

It’s such a Martinez thing to be like yeah we lost 7-5 but at least it was entertaining.

Surely the point is we won today?
It's great we won but i want us to win consistently and challenge the top 4. You can't do that if the manager consistently picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics. The point is that despite overwhelming evidence the joker keeps picking the wrong team and playing the wrong tactics.

Because if we win it means we’ve scored goals.

I like Everton scoring.

How can Football not be about winning?
It’s this sort of attitude that makes Everton too nice.

It’s such a Martinez thing to be like yeah we lost 7-5 but at least it was entertaining.

Actually it's more us wanting to be like City/Chelsea/UTD/Spurs, winning and playing attractive football, the top 4/5 prove it's possible, but you seem to think it's one or the other with us ?

I didn't realise it was a bad thing to actually have standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back