Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's more us wanting to be like City/Chelsea/UTD/Spurs, winning and playing attractive football, the top 4/5 prove it's possible, but you seem to think it's one or the other with us ?

I didn't realise it was a bad thing to actually have standards

It’s a bad thing to be that unrealistic.

I’m literally only talking about today.

If we’d have lost today I’d have been as livid as most seem to be in here. Make no mistake.

But we didn’t. And to me that’s all that matters.

Look, in a perfect world we’d be going out there battering everyone like City seem to be doing. But it’s not a perfect world. It never is for Everton it seems so I take every single Everton win as what it is. A win.

Because if we win it means we’ve scored goals.

I like Everton scoring.

How can Football not be about winning?
It’s this sort of attitude that makes Everton too nice.

It’s such a Martinez thing to be like yeah we lost 7-5 but at least it was entertaining.
Of course it's about winning and if you don't the right approach to team selection and tactics then you won't win consistently. Not hard to understand that this won't happen if you keep picking the wrong team and tactics. Demanding higher standards of management means you will win more regularly - you're the one with the attitude that makes everything too nice.

It's great we won but i want us to win consistently and challenge the top 4. You can't do that if the manager consistently picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics. The point is that despite overwhelming evidence the joker keeps picking the wrong team and playing the wrong tactics.

As mentioned mate if we’d have lost today I’d have been all over him.

But we won and I just want to enjoy it.

Of course it's about winning and if you don't the right approach to team selection and tactics then you won't win consistently. Not hard to understand that this won't happen if you keep picking the wrong team and tactics. Demanding higher standards of management means you will win more regularly - you're the one with the attitude that makes everything too nice.

I’m too nice because I’m happy we won?!

Actually it's more us wanting to be like City/Chelsea/UTD/Spurs, winning and playing attractive football, the top 4/5 prove it's possible, but you seem to think it's one or the other with us ?

I didn't realise it was a bad thing to actually have standards
West Ham have standards ....yanno the West Ham Way .....must be a good thing to have :oops:

It’s a bad thing to be that unrealistic.

I’m literally only talking about today.

If we’d have lost today I’d have been as livid as most seem to be in here. Make no mistake.

But we didn’t. And to me that’s all that matters.

Look, in a perfect world we’d be going out there battering everyone like City seem to be doing. But it’s not a perfect world. It never is for Everton it seems so I take every single Everton win as what it is. A win.

we're not asking for perfection here. We're questioning his team selection and tactics while enjoying the win. What's wrong with that?

Lucky manager tonight is Koamen could have been very different reality for him, anyway I’m pleased and hope the players now begin to work as unit. Still I think there is something amiss with him and some of his staff, when Duncan was celebrating our goals not once did he seem to acknowledge Koamen instead turning to the staff and the bench, maybe i missed something but I dont like distance in a team game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back