Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players he's brought in have been generally poor. No disguising it.

Sigurdsson thus far has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Koeman played his get out of jail card today. We were terrible throughout and won it in five minutes where we came to life. Nowhere near good enough and we simply got lucky.

If he lost today, people would have somewhat rightfully called for him to be sacked, and the fact we rescued it is somewhat papering over the cracks. He needs to stop playing "big names" no matter what and look for balance instead, because we won't get that lucky every week.
Agree with this. I'd get rid of him now. With the best will in the world this joker isn't going to get us challenging for the top 4, even if he stays until the end of his contract.

Agree with this. I'd get rid of him now. With the best will in the world this joker isn't going to get us challenging for the top 4, even if he stays until the end of his contract.

I don't think he should be sacked yet. But I don't see that win as being a credit to him whatsoever either.

We'll know the lay of the land with Koeman by the end of October.

Perhaps, just maybe, he is trying to show patience with the new players to see if they can come together as a unit?

I believe koeman knows the problem with our setup.

What prevents him from switching might be the pressure of having spend 70m on 3 number 10 and trying to force it to be successful.

It will be difficult for him from this point onwards, drop the setup and he will be at fault for wasting our transfer fund.

Keep repeating the same setup and he will get sack due to bad results.

I don't think he should be sacked yet. But I don't see that win as being a credit to him whatsoever either.

We'll know the lay of the land with Koeman by the end of October.
He won't be sacked by the club but i've got no faith at all in him being a success which is why i wouldn't lose any sleep over him going.

The players he's brought in have been generally poor. No disguising it.

Sigurdsson thus far has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Koeman played his get out of jail card today. We were terrible throughout and won it in five minutes where we came to life. Nowhere near good enough and we simply got lucky.

If he lost today, people would have somewhat rightfully called for him to be sacked, and the fact we rescued it is somewhat papering over the cracks. He needs to stop playing "big names" no matter what and look for balance instead, because we won't get that lucky every week.

I don't think the players he's brought in fit a wing back system and a 3 man midfield.

Its very much a Moyes like Everton squad of players suited to a 451 imo

With so many new players in the squad it was always going to take time to find a rhythm. The first few matches were not against the easiest opposition. The test comes in churning out good results against everyone who ought to be below us - where we have not excelled with consistency for a long time. Bournemouth are notch one on the Koeman bedpost.
Once upon a time Ferguson had a crap season at the other end of the East Lancs Road. It is not as if there is a better manager on offer. And RK has played at as high a level as we could hope for. Time to give him some time.

Lose on Thursday though, and he is out, obviously.....

I believe koeman knows the problem with our setup.

What prevents him from switching might be the pressure of having spend 70m on 3 number 10 and trying to force it to be successful.

It will be difficult for him from this point onwards, drop the setup and he will be at fault for wasting our transfer fund.

Keep repeating the same setup and he will get sack due to bad results.

I get that, and after unloading the cash we have on the squad, I think he is perfectly within his remit to say that he is the manager, he was left short upfront, (ergo, Gylfi is largely redundant), so until that hole is properly filled, I will utilise the squad, whether they cost £45m or a packet of peanuts.

Not sure he will mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back