Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be here another season. He'll get one more decent budget in January and that's it.

We won't get relegated (even Martinez at his worst was nowhere near it) so they'll allow him to get out of this mess.

Would never trust him or Walsh with funds and transfers again

I very much doubt it.

He will be gone in May at the latest.......much earlier if this dismal run continues.

There is no way he will be given spending money next summer and allowed to go into the final year of his contract if it is not extended.....and surely even Moshiri would not be silly enough to offer this clueless fellow an improved contract.

IMO there will be a "mutual agreement" parting of the ways when this season finishes and Koeman will tread water, running down the clock and concerned only with making sure he does not have a "relegation" on his CV.

And with this in mind, I can't see him being trusted with a big wedge in January either :(

As Martinez was.

He ain't getting sacked anyway, its all hypothetical.
In age yes but he'd had a fair bit of experience and was repeating his past mistakes. It was pretty clear half way through the second season we were flogging a dead horse with him, same with Koeman. I do agree with you that he ain't getting sacked.

Koeman does come across as a dour miserable bugger.In any environment if you don't enjoy working for your boss then that will affect performance and moral.Our players just don't seem to be enjoying their football at the moment.
Go to the top of this page mate. Look at that grid. He's laughing at us, and the more you stare at him the more sinister he gets.

As much as I want to criticise Koeman for his team selection, not playing wingers and buying three no 10s, I must say the player have been an absolute disgrace. Koeman's post match analysis are correct. He may have picked a wingerless team but these players knew how important it was to win and we played at Goodison against the weakest team of the group. Why we chose to look like a league 1 side in the 1st half is beyond me. They've been all cowards. Gueye, Schniderlin in particular cos these two receive most of the ball when the move starts and both of them play it back or sideways 7/10 times.

As for Koeman, he uses the word "difficult" a bit too much for my liking and I don't like the negative vibes he gives in every press conference. He has seen enough games and has given enough excuses about injuries. Now he was complaining that we have 7 or 8 players out. Out of those only Jags and Keane would improve us right now. Even with Coleman and Bolasie out they aren't the reason we're [Poor language removed]. None of his expensive summer recruits have hit the ground running. Are we poor cos Mccarthy, Mori, Barkley are out?

I think Burnley is a must win game. We'll surely lose to Chelsea in the cup and the Arsenal game at Goodison. If we lose the Brighton game away too combined with elimination from EL I think he'll be gone well before Xmas which will make me sad cos as much as its his recruitment and tactics, the players too are responsible. Its Koeman's job to instill confidence. These are top quality players and they don't become terrible all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back