Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman came out at the start of the season and said 7th is acceptable and aiming for the champions league is ridiculous... why should any of the players get motivated to achieve anything higher than that?

He must have said that but managers always downplay it. Even Ranieri in Leicester's title winning season wanted to get to 40 points and kept downplaying it until the very end. But that statement should not merit gutless performances from some of our "quality" players. They earn more in a week than most of do in a year and yet they don't wanna be motivated to win cos the manager is aiming at 7th? Criminal that.

Look what he's done to me. I just couldn't stop staring

3fW635e.gif

Not picking winger, picking 5 number 10s, blah blah blah blah. We had 62% possession, 8 shots on goal, dominated the game, attacked out wide through Baines and Kenny at times - those are your wingers, BTW, but our two pathetic center halfs killed us. Williams gave a goal away and every set piece was a joke because he and Holgate couldn't win anything in the air.

So WHAT PRAY TELL is Koeman supposed to do about that? He has two CBs hurt, he told the board he needed another once Mori went down.

Other than that, the issue isn't with the midfield, they owned the game. There is no CF. None. DCL is the closet we've got and he's just a kid. Again, Koeman said we needed one and didn't get one. Simple as that. So not sure what tactic would've produced more goals. 2 should've been PLENTY.

So again, what TACTIC would he have employed that wouldn't have had Holgate and Williams giving the ball away and getting killed on set pieces?

Err, some width would've been nice ?

He must have said that but managers always downplay it. Even Ranieri in Leicester's title winning season wanted to get to 40 points and kept downplaying it until the very end. But that statement should not merit gutless performances from some of our "quality" players. They earn more in a week than most of do in a year and yet they don't wanna be motivated to win cos the manager is aiming at 7th? Criminal that.

The reality is that we have had a crap mindset ingrained into our club for the last 20 years. Someone needs to come in for whom this isn't about collecting a pay cheque, it needs to be someone who genuinely hates losing who can change the mentality of the club and get rid of the losers we have accumulated over the years. Koeman just doesn't strike me as that type.

The reality is that we have had a crap mindset ingrained into our club for the last 20 years. Someone needs to come in for whom this isn't about collecting a pay cheque, it needs to be someone who genuinely hates losing who can change the mentality of the club and get rid of the losers we have accumulated over the years. Koeman just doesn't strike me as that type.

I agree with that. Its about a footballing revolution we need. I thought we had that under Martinez but his biggest fault was not learning from his mistakes and working on his weaknesses. His "unique style" cost us in the end. To instill a winning mentality unfortunately you have to be ruthless as a board and sometimes do what Bayern did to Anfelotti and what Abramovic does. Our only problem is we aren't at that level yet. We somehow need to pull together 3 consecutive seasons in top 6 and get a cup to atleast show we are on the up. Then we can be ruthless with sacking managers. Right now if we sack Koeman, not sure who's the man who csn promise us a sudden success and we'll get 2 more years of transition, lose money over these players and buy more players which again will cost over the top prices. Mosh man isn't an Abramovic or Sheikh Masood.

Feel like a lot of the mistakes Martinez was guilty of, Koeman is replicating i.e. playing players out of position, picking players horrendously out of form, repeating mistakes from previous games.

Rooney and Sigurdsson cannot work just as playing with no wingers is completely ineffective. Will be the same on Sunday tho no doubt

Feel like a lot of the mistakes Martinez was guilty of, Koeman is replicating i.e. playing players out of position, picking players horrendously out of form, repeating mistakes from previous games.

Rooney and Sigurdsson cannot work just as playing with no wingers is completely ineffective. Will be the same on Sunday tho no doubt
Don't think Rooney and Siggurdsson would be so bad if we had pace on the other side to stretch them, but he refused to play any pace.

For sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back