Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not picking winger, picking 5 number 10s, blah blah blah blah. We had 62% possession, 8 shots on goal, dominated the game, attacked out wide through Baines and Kenny at times - those are your wingers, BTW, but our two pathetic center halfs killed us. Williams gave a goal away and every set piece was a joke because he and Holgate couldn't win anything in the air.

So WHAT PRAY TELL is Koeman supposed to do about that? He has two CBs hurt, he told the board he needed another once Mori went down.

Other than that, the issue isn't with the midfield, they owned the game. There is no CF. None. DCL is the closet we've got and he's just a kid. Again, Koeman said we needed one and didn't get one. Simple as that. So not sure what tactic would've produced more goals. 2 should've been PLENTY.

So again, what TACTIC would he have employed that wouldn't have had Holgate and Williams giving the ball away and getting killed on set pieces?

So, not necessarily tonight's game but, we have played some good teams and sat deep when we have no pace in the team to hit them on the break. Either, play faster players or defend higher up the pitch (Jags is still our quickest defender.. play him and not Williams and I am aware that Jags is currently injured).

When you have 2 subs lined up and we then score to take the lead, maybe take 5 mins to decide if you still want to make the subs, or just not make the changes?

They're sort of tactical things that could be looked at ?

He's on borrowed time, lose to Burnley on Sunday and it's over for him. Then we've got Brighton followed by Arsenal away in two weeks. He'll be gone by the end of that period.

Genuinely believe a fair few clubs would have pulled the trigger by now considering the money he has spent and the absolute drivel he's signed.

Fans don't have trust in him, not sure the players do. History of falling out with players, Barkley apparent the same. Shocking treatment of Niasse.

I Mean selecting injured players for a tournament they won't recover for is mental.

Rather than get angry like I would have in the past, I just laughed when they equalised because it's just pure Everton under Koeman.
I burst out laughing in my seat when bournemouth scored, it was obvious. Painful, but obvious.

Then he does what me and everyone at the ground wanted, had been asking for, and could see - and we won. Mad that.

Not picking winger, picking 5 number 10s, blah blah blah blah. We had 62% possession, 8 shots on goal, dominated the game, attacked out wide through Baines and Kenny at times - those are your wingers, BTW, but our two pathetic center halfs killed us. Williams gave a goal away and every set piece was a joke because he and Holgate couldn't win anything in the air.

So WHAT PRAY TELL is Koeman supposed to do about that? He has two CBs hurt, he told the board he needed another once Mori went down.

Other than that, the issue isn't with the midfield, they owned the game. There is no CF. None. DCL is the closet we've got and he's just a kid. Again, Koeman said we needed one and didn't get one. Simple as that. So not sure what tactic would've produced more goals. 2 should've been PLENTY.

So again, what TACTIC would he have employed that wouldn't have had Holgate and Williams giving the ball away and getting killed on set pieces?
Koeman was more than happy to keep Williams, he only wanted another centre half after Mori got injured. So he would have still been playing him. He should have signed a good centre half before Mori got injured to play alongside Keane.

There is a CF he just choose not to
put him in the squad and put a long term injured full back in! 8 shots on goal is not acceptable against a poor team. I tell you what tactic he should have played, attacking incisive football played at pace with DCL & Niasse and two wingers. Kicked Schneiderlin to the bench and played Rooney along side Gueye in the middle. We should have been sticking 4 or 5 in against these, no problem!

Koeman was more than happy to keep Williams, he only wanted another centre half after Mori got injured. So he would have still been playing him. He should have signed a good centre half before Mori got injured to play alongside Keane.

There is a CF he just choose not to
put him in the squad and put a long term injured full back in! 8 shots on goal is not acceptable against a poor team. I tell you what tactic he should have played, attacking incisive football played at pace with DCL & Niasse and two wingers. Kicked Schneiderlin to the bench and played Rooney along side Gueye in the middle. We should have been sticking 4 or 5 in against these, no problem!
I think 8 shots on goal might be more than we've had all season in the prem.

We are so dry.

Why does Rooney keep playing? A few moments of class with many moments of nothing. I'm sure people disagree with me, but I thought he was originally brought in to be a vocal influence OFF the field.

Yeah it's a record for the season! We are so bad that people now think 8 shots on goal against Limassol is great but it really isn't, it's still piss poor.
Two defensive mids at home to Bournemouth.
Two defensive mids at home to Limmassol.
To defensive mids at home to Burnley ????

All bum sides we should be smashing at Goodison with pacey wingers.
NEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back