Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always feel like this is such a crazy mentality. Why would sacking Koeman show we are a knee jerk club? He's like the 10th highest paid manager in world football, we've played utterly turgid football for half of last year and all of this year, he's spent £150m this summer and "he can't figure out his best team". Why is saying "yeah, he's not the guy" a radical concept? This isn't a blip, this is Koeman.

It wouldn't be a suprise if he turned it around again but all the signs are that he's average at best and wasting more money on his transfers is just digging us into a deeper hole. We won't get where wewant to go with him, simple as that

The only positive is he isn't afraid to make changes mid game, it's no pass for him but it's certainly better than Bobby one trick Martinez who wouldn't make a change until 89 minutes

Feel sorry for the fans paying to turn up to watch these torrid displays though, certainly not value for money to end up coming home more miserable than when you left the house
Roberto would have played Lukaku, Barkley and Delefeo tonight..
Won 4-3 in a humdinger.

*legs it.

Add Sigurdsson and Klaasen to that list and take away Sandro as he only cost peanuts and we'll get our money back if it doesn't work out.
I've always rated Sigurdson but he has to play behind the striker or its a waste of time. Thats always been the case at Swansea and Spurs.
Sandro may well be a bargain but he's still nowhere near good enough for our first team.

I've always rated Sigurdson but he has to play behind the striker or its a waste of time. Thats always been the case at Swansea and Spurs.
Sandro may well be a bargain but he's still nowhere near good enough for our first team.
Every free kick around the box, it's Siggy, Rooney and Baines.
All talking behind their hands about who's taking it.
FFS. Just let Siggy line it up and stick it in the top corner eh ?

So now it's we aren't playing with wingers. If we did, we'd score les

Did Koeman sign those guys?
Is not the case he has the biggest say on the matter. Some may be recommended but he will ok them. Some are obviously his, both admitted to wanting Rooney, Bolasie he said was one of the best wingers in the Prem.

Is not the case he has the biggest say on the matter. Some may be recommended but he will ok them. Some are obviously his, both admitted to wanting Rooney, Bolasie he said was one of the best wingers in the Prem.
Aboslutely not. The D of F has the biggest say.

Why would the manager have the bigger say? He coaches the team. Rip him for tactics, fine, although it's hard to rip him for playing Holgate and Williams, which was the issue tonight, not any tactical errors.

Always feel like this is such a crazy mentality. Why would sacking Koeman show we are a knee jerk club? He's like the 10th highest paid manager in world football, we've played utterly turgid football for half of last year and all of this year, he's spent £150m this summer and "he can't figure out his best team". Why is saying "yeah, he's not the guy" a radical concept? This isn't a blip, this is Koeman.

I'm not defending him, his tactics etc but, it's because he has so many new players, whether bought by him or others, that means he should be allowed a bit longer to prove he can do it.
I've seen this scenario so many times before, even with Howard K, to realise that sometimes it's about luck as much as anything.
Would love Carlo A though!

I'm not defending him, his tactics etc but, it's because he has so many new players, whether bought by him or others, that means he should be allowed a bit longer to prove he can do it.
I've seen this scenario so many times before, even with Howard K, to realise that sometimes it's about luck as much as anything.
Would love Carlo A though!
Not having a go mate but out of the thousands of managers since Kendall, how many have had your scenario happen? Ferguson, sure. Anyone else?

It's FAR more likely that no matter how much time you give a manager they won't turn things around.

The only positive is he isn't afraid to make changes mid game, it's no pass for him but it's certainly better than Bobby one trick Martinez who wouldn't make a change until 89 minutes

Feel sorry for the fans paying to turn up to watch these torrid displays though, certainly not value for money to end up coming home more miserable than when you left the house
It was something I liked about him last season, but this season he intentionally puts out the same stupid lineup and changes things when it backfires. He could simply make the necessary changes beforehand and spare us the heartache of another underwhelming Everton performance. He needs to be given a warning at this point because he doesn't seem to be able to keep his own ego in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back