Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He completely rejigged their responsibilities. The defence in Moyes last season and the defence in Martinez's first season were apples and pears.

That doesn't change the fact that fundamentally by the end of Moyes' tenure they were better at defending than they were at the end of Martinez's tenure.

It's not a 'conspiracy', it's a point.

It's clear to me that Barkley has been singled out. I dont think anyone can look at the way Mirallas has been jogging about for the past two games, for example, and think that if RB was the subject of a 'necessary' public discussion about poor form in 45 minutes of play then Mirallas shouldn't be getting one. It was a choice by the manager to do what he did and act against no other player

It matters not that Koeman was asked about Barkley and 'answered honestly', by the way, because he was asked EXACTLY the same questions by the media about Lukaku and chose to be very diplomatic about his loss of form (which had been much more dramatic than RBs). So that doesn't cut it.
Sorry mate. Poor phraseology on my part.

Otherwise I disagree with everything you say in that post. Don't think Mirallas had a good game yesterday but the you can't say he never put a shift in. I responded to a previous post you made re Rom/RK so not going to repeat myself. What I will say is that RK made a lot of blues happy when he made that post match reference to Rom speaking too much. Hardly diplomatic.

Exactly, not that you would want this to happen but if we lose all the rest of the games to the top 6 sides (unfortunately Leicester have dropped out of this group for this example) and we continue to beat the everyone else we will end up with 79 points.

Not that we will beat everyone else twice but just goes to show you don't have to beat the top sides to end up with a probable points total that will get you top 4.
I remember a few seasons ago (think it was 13/14) Arsenal picked up something like 2 points against the top 6 and still finished 4th.

Au contraire. Take a look in the vaults. I advocated that if anyone were to replace Martinez it should be him.

That still doesn't make it right to single Barkley out a number of times and feed him to the press pack dogs.

Did you think Barkley looked happy there yesterday? I thought he looked like an unhappy player who's not enjoying being the subject of this controversy.

If he doesn't like it and react badly he'll be dropped by Big Ron. And rightly so. No messin this season.

I don't want to go too over the top with praise for Koeman yet, I seem to remember phrases such as 'he's a breath of fresh air', 'his clever substitutions are winning us games' and 'a top club will be in for him at this rate' (or words to the effect) being used in Martinez's first season.

Having said that, the early signs are good. He's improved the main things that were missing the last couple of seasons, ie fitness, defensive organisation and we look good at both defensive and offensive set pieces.

He's as straight talking to the media as you'll find in a manager and he's got the blend of slick passing football when possible, but if in doubt get your laces through it and reorganise. Happy so far

And everyone was feeling phenomenal. Ok but . . .

Haha now Koeman is putting the boot in Ajax and Peter Bosz in the Dutch press. 'Naive' and too in love with attacking football he says. [Poor language removed] right, no wonder van Maarwijks anti football got us the closest to the promised land.

Anyway you look at it Martinez 1st season was brilliant, the players enjoyed the new style as did the fans, for me the whole thing started to go wrong at the start of the 2nd season when Arsenal came from 2 down to draw 2-2 with 7 minutes left. Then he fell out with Distan and slowly but surely standard slipped and he ended getting sacked.

Martinez took over a team full of confidence, Koeman took over a team with non. Martinez took over a well drilled team that was fit and health, Koeman took over a unhealthy team that coincided the 3-5 most in the league.

Koeman is a better manager then Martinez fact, other then 1 season Martinez has always been in a relegation fight, even with us the last 2 season. Koeman has finished top half with Southampton 2 seasons running and already broke a record for us, with our best ever prem start and best in 38 years.

Koeman was a better player and is a better manager.

I'm not sure why people are focussing on the City game. You don't judge your standing in the league off the back of one game away from home against a team who look like they are going to destroy everybody this season.

If we want top 4 those matches are really the less important ones.
People seem to forget you can lose home and away to the "big 4" or even 5 and there's still 90 or 84 points to play for.

Davek. Thought your post about Koeman bollocking Barkley in public was brilliant (Best post this season). I can remember being an apprentice
and my immediate boss used to rollock me every week for 5 years (It didn't stop me liking the man), but I did notice that he chose to 'Dress
me down' on our own, or pull me to one side for a quiet word. When I came out of my 'Time' he did try to ridicule me in front of other
tradesmen and apprentices, this time I said my piece and gave notice to leave (At a time when I was most needed). I hope Ross doesn't
leave, in fact I'd sooner Koeman left. How about a demonstration outside Goodison against 'The Bully'? How about a Poll to see how many
agree with Koemans public outburst, I realise that a lot of you will hide behind the sofa, rather than upset Ronald.

Davek. Thought your post about Koeman bollocking Barkley in public was brilliant (Best post this season). I can remember being an apprentice
and my immediate boss used to rollock me every week for 5 years (It didn't stop me liking the man), but I did notice that he chose to 'Dress
me down' on our own, or pull me to one side for a quiet word. When I came out of my 'Time' he did try to ridicule me in front of other
tradesmen and apprentices, this time I said my piece and gave notice to leave (At a time when I was most needed). I hope Ross doesn't
leave, in fact I'd sooner Koeman left. How about a demonstration outside Goodison against 'The Bully'? How about a Poll to see how many
agree with Koemans public outburst, I realise that a lot of you will hide behind the sofa, rather than upset Ronald.

lol

Crybaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back