Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we can stick with him and with time maybe things will turn once Bolasie, Mori and Coleman return. Even before that I believe we just need to shut out the shop, win a couple of games 1-0 and crop up the confidence. Then these players looking gash will look like their proper selves.
First thing, those players aren't going to be properly ready til next year mate. They also aren't the actual answer to our problems.

Second. We just won 3-0 sunderland, followed by a come back 2-1 against bournemouth.

We followed that up with a 2-2 capitulation over the ten men of Limassol, and a 1-0 drab affair with Burnley.

Seen our next few games?

Brighton. Away. We haven't won away since January and I can't see us winning there.

Lyon. Lol.

Arsenal. Lol.

Chelsea in the cup. Lol

if you read my posts I stated that both Koeman and Martinez are/were failures. Just that I preferred the first 18 months of the latter's compared to the formers. as I said though they've both failed as has everyone since 96

Sorry mate only seen that last one in isolation.

Moyes did extremely well for Everton over a long period - what is wrong with you people.....

The sour grapes from people over Moyes is rotten. He done a brilliant job here on a shoestring budget. A lot of other managers would have had us relegated.

I've been quite disappointed to see how he ended up being shafted at United, and the shattered confidence afterwards.

One thing is for sure though if he had the budget Koeman just had we would be in an entirely different situation now. The man was meticulous with the level of planning he clearly put in to each signing. Then afterwards he always came up with a plan to maximise our very limited talents.

One of the best strikers we've had statistically has been Romelu Lukaku - underappreciated and criticised by the fan base - who then wonder why he rubbed in his goal celebration on his return
Shin boy spent half his time here telling all and sundry how he couldn't wait to leave. We didn't take to him cos he wanted nothing to do with us.

Don't be blaming us for the team being crap lid. This is on Koeman not having a clue what his best team/formation is despite picking up an exorbitant 6m per year AND spending 150m. He's another fraud and unfortunately we're only just cottoning on to that fact.

Last edited:

Indeed - Rom was the golden goose and we basically killed it and spunk'd it on mediocrity...
Now we have no immediate assets to sell and if by some miracle Ronk turns it round our war chest for next season will be pitiful.
Depressing times...
Gana is the next golden goose.

Bet our contract for him is being nicely wrapped up with a release clause at 70 odd million for him.

First thing, those players aren't going to be properly ready til next year mate. They also aren't the actual answer to our problems.

Second. We just won 3-0 sunderland, followed by a come back 2-1 against bournemouth.

We followed that up with a 2-2 capitulation over the ten men of Limassol, and a 1-0 drab affair with Burnley.

Seen our next few games?

Brighton. Away. We haven't won away since January and I can't see us winning there.

Lyon. Lol.

Arsenal. Lol.

Chelsea in the cup. Lol

Brighton away has got 1-0 defeat written all over it. My prediction is a Williams mistake followed by a lot of huffing and puffing but absolutely nothing in the way of quality.

Ancelotti or Tuchel would be an incredible appointment, but I can’t see either of them buying into the “project” with the squad currently at their disposal.

Get Barkley back on side and a new contract. Play a better system with a balanced side.

Moyes did it with Smith's rabble.
Royle made Mike Walkers flops world beaters.

That simply has to be Koemans last game in charge of Everton.

Either Unsworth, Tuchel or Ancelotti could be installed with no financial compensation.

Paying of the Dutch golfer is well worth it.

Pretty sure he'll go, Moshiri won't have a better time to do it and today made it crystal clear that we're only going backwards.

It's not just the fact we got beat today, whenever that happens the fume is strong and overreactions are aplenty. But today wasn't "it was just one of those days" type of defeats where the ref screws us over or they get a scruffy goal and then defend for their lives and we got balls cleared off the line, etc. Today we were out-thought, out-fought and out-desired by a side that will never even finish top half. Those type of performances really do leave an air of inevitability around everything, much like the Leicester and Sunderland aways did with Martinez. When the players look completely lost and fragile mentally like they do now there's no way the situation is salvageable.

Koeman knows all this judging by his post match comments, he can see the players aren't responding no matter what he tells to them to do so he's trying to score points with the crowd by telling it like it is, hoping people will at least think "well at least he knows things aren't right" and give him a bit longer. It's not happening though, this has simply got too far away from him now. Time to just shake hands and go separate ways.

Judging by the comments after the match and the recent performances I think he is looking for the sacking. I don’t think he wants to be here and a cool 9-10 mill pay off will surely set him up for a while.
I’ve been a big Koeman supporter and I genuinely thought he would make a real difference here, unfortunately it’s not looking likely.
It’s also very rare that I turn on a manager so quickly, I’m normally of the option that if they are managing Everton then they get my support. It just seems this isn’t going much further, there’s absolutely noting on the pitch, it’s like the final days of Martinez but yet it’s only the start of the season.
Something needs to change and quickly.

How can the players go 100% if the manager is getting the wrong line up, ousting players for the squad willy nilly and blaming them publiclt, and changing formation every week?

I could go on, but enough is enough - he is clueless.

On a side note, we play nothing like his Saints side. Nothing.

Yes but do they do the basics right? Like Williams passing the ball back to strikers, like our 2 DMs only playing back and sideways.

To be crystal clear, I am not absolving Koeman of any blame. He has reasons to be criticised but lets just take a minute and acknowledge how some of our professional/expensive players are playing utter garbage football. Lets alsi acknowledge Walsh and the board for not getting the striker in nor the defender in - which Koeman had been crying for in August.

“Of course you like to work with the players every day to improve the team, but maybe in this situation it’s good to have the break.

“It’s all about the game in two weeks now and that’s what we need to prepare for.”

How can you do that when 3/4s of the squad are away on international duty you idiot!!

This is koemen's team now, the buck stops with him. He was lamenting our lack of creativity today, but virtually all of that team was bought under his watch. Don't think we can wait for Coleman and bolasie to come back, we could be in a relegation scrap by then. I said earlier in this thread give him till Xmas, but I'm not even sure on that now. Sad times, considering the optimism of the summer.

Take it you've never had to manage a challenging situation or manage an organisation through adversity?

Is it not obvious that almost a total new team, lack of new striker (out of Koeman's control) plus the fixture list we were given was always going to be extremely challenging

Need to support the team while they ride it out

I don't understand why yourself and some other blues completely absolve Koeman for the transfer window, specifically us not signing a striker. We are not Manchester City, nor are we PSG. We don't have infinite resources, we have finite resources. Koeman has to work with a budget- a budget better than any other Everton manager in my lifetime has had. Perhaps he should have replaced Lukaku and made that his priority before spunking nearly £70 million on number 10's leaving us scrambling around on deadline day like amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back