Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTTP2ltYWdlcy5lb25saW5lLmNvbS9lb2xfaW1hZ2VzL0VudGlyZV9TaXRlLzIwMTQ3MjYvcnNfNTYweDI4Ni0xNDA4MjYxNTI5MjYtMjAxNC0wOC0yNl8xNV8yOF8yMC5naWYlog.gif

Today was a prime example of a team not playing for their manager.
I've heard rumblings that Baines and several others are sick of Koeman, and the complete lack of urgency and effort today stunk of a team that simply didn't care if they won or lost.

Similar to Martinez in his final weeks - it's untenable when you get to this stage.

We had 4 must-win home games after Utd. We won one, got out of jail with another, and have been beyond bad on the last two.

I'm not seeing progress, passion or pride.

Time to go.

Over to you, Mr Moshiri

Yep. Will be around £9m to £10m to sack him. Then another £5m to prise away a manager (unless there's a realistic choice available). Sickening. And worryingly, a new manager has this bunch to work with.

And also consider how many of the talented bunch of squad we will lose because that manager will want to assemble his own squad. Will our expectations be lowered then? Do we have the capacity to waste 50 to 60 M on players we signed and again splash 150 M more with ease?

Mate Lukaku or Barkley they play for Everton. Its their job to play to their 100% Koeman or no Koeman. Everyone agreed Barkley needed to improve his game play and that is what Koeman asked him to do but he chickened out from fighting for his place and was badly advised. Again not Koeman's fault. Lukaku has 2 gash seasons of Martinez to realize he needed a change. And he had pretty much known the team he joined yet ge gavr his 100% as well which is what you expect from a professional footballer. Now compare that to Williams, Gana, Schneiderlin? When your defence is so porous how can you expect a confidence in the attacking players to express themselves?

The managers in modern day football take bullets everytime when the players blow hot and cold. And its not right. We are not Chelsea who will have multiple managers available to us.
How can the players go 100% if the manager is getting the wrong line up, ousting players for the squad willy nilly and blaming them publiclt, and changing formation every week?

I could go on, but enough is enough - he is clueless.

On a side note, we play nothing like his Saints side. Nothing.

Take it you've never had to manage a challenging situation or manage an organisation through adversity?

Is it not obvious that almost a total new team, lack of new striker (out of Koeman's control) plus the fixture list we were given was always going to be extremely challenging

Need to support the team while they ride it out

Oh behave. tough fixture list my arse we've been appallingin nearly ever game we've played including the ones we've won

The Moyes of 5 years ago... Absolutely. Not whatever he's became now.

It was more my view on Koeman, over a desire for Moyes.

Koeman's credentials were;

* Hollywood name - the board (Moshiri/Ryazantsev) spoke about needing a name and a profile as a manager given the other managers/clubs in the north west.
* Making Southampton competitive.

Big thrill? I've never been convinced on his credentials - I just can't shake how piss poor he was at Valencia an Benfica.

Always felt like he was here short term - never expected him to be here beyond the 3 year contract, still don't.

Tough fixture list?? That Cyprus team, Burnley, atalanta, Hove albion- Our performance was shocking against these - not helped by koemans insistance on 2 defensive mids every game and no wing play.
The losses against the big teams dented confidence going into other games, again obviously. And the Europe fixtures and travel

All of this is obvious. I'd be very surprised if Moshiri sacked him - unless there's a real relegation threat. Rightly, he'll be thinking long term, as you guys should be doing

Tuchel would the 'highest profile' manager we could get.

But he may well be waiting to see what Bayern do. Bayern want Nagelsmann, though.

I don't trust the club to do it right. To have a good plan.

They got lots of money and then placed this manager on the top of their list thinking it was a match for the other big managers in the league. Completely dumb.

And also consider how many of the talented bunch of squad we will lose because that manager will want to assemble his own squad. Will our expectations be lowered then? Do we have the capacity to waste 50 to 60 M on players we signed and again splash 150 M more with ease?
Whether Koeman stays or not, that money has been wasted.

And the 6m a year on Koeman has been wasted.

Today was a prime example of a team not playing for their manager.
I've heard rumblings that Baines and several others are sick of Koeman, and the complete lack of urgency and effort today stunk of a team that simply didn't care if they won or lost.

Similar to Martinez in his final weeks - it's untenable when you get to this stage.

We had 4 must-win home games after Utd. We won one, got out of jail with another, and have been beyond bad on the last two.

I'm not seeing progress, passion or pride.

Time to go.

Over to you, Mr Moshiri

I'm sick of him. He ought to shut up because a new manager might clock onto the fact how spent he is at the top level and find a replacement.

Can we afford to finish deep in the bottom half fighting for survival?

In my opinion we haven't got the capacity to spend any more money on new players. So we'd have to go with what we've got. Thats my concern for any new manager coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back